View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:13 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Any Alabama goths? - I too feel very alone. 

Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:47 pm
Phlegethos

I know someone who is moving(moved...) to Alabama, I dont think hes there yet, hasnt emailed me..then, it might take him a while to get acsess, didnt think about that, Chris Murray, 19...very good looking(hmm) maybe not gothy gohtic gothic extremly..but...um, hes the lead singer for Nemo...

i see flowers. are they grey? why does this earth punish may? spring is in the air, yet it is fall..I fall into winter and bury it all, frozen to the ground, I close my eyes, so cold so warm, so safe inside

Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Phlegethos

Any Alabama goths around?

I'm not from Alabama, but close enough to have sympathy for anyone in the area...
I know there are goths around Mississippi, especially near the universities, but of course it seems like there aren't any.
Ah well, at least there's the internet.

Sun Jul 21, 2002 8:05 pm

Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:43 pm
My g/f lives in AL. As soon as i get my own car and the money, im going to be moving there.....Northeastern AL, town called Eldridge. I have another friend near there thats goth, town of Carbon Hill.

Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:51 am
I've actually begun a very cool friendship thanks to these boards! :D

Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:41 am
Minauros

i lived in Alabama for 12 years. don't know any goths in Athens....or Huntsville...

Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:19 pm
Cania

If there's anyone still checking this thread, I just got home from a year in Japan and the only other goth I knew (and never really liked) has disappeared. My best friend left me to go to Ecuador for the summer and won't be home until she comes back to pack up her stuff and move to Orlando. Anyway, to end this little pity party, I am bored out of my mind--I need people to talk to and things to do. If anyone knows of anything in the Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area, let me know.

Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:25 pm
Malbolge

Location: Currently AWOL in China. Leave a msg after the beep.

And moreso -- southern AL, as in gulf-area. Whereas the few that have posted in this thread seem more ... northerly. Ah well. Let me know if anyone roadtrips down here.

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

im an alabama goth from mobile,that place that got hit by a hurricane,and if your looking for alabama goths you should probably check there first cause there were the most their,but still hard to find.im in nor cal right now but will visit mobile again in november!if youd like i can ininvertantly hook u up wit some o my freinds dowm there.

Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:40 pm
Avernus

Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Avernus

I'm from Gulf Shores, Alabama. There is one other "real" goth here. In Mobile, is there an actual scene? Are there any kind of industrial clubs or any bands of the trad goth/deathrock/industrial/gothabilly/etc genre there? If so, please give me some information. I get my car in the next couple of months (freedom!), and I'd like to check it out, meet people, etc.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:49 am
Profile YIM WWW
Malbolge

Location: Currently AWOL in China. Leave a msg after the beep.
I would welcome a correction if I am wrong, but as far as I know -- no, there really isn't. Aside from the mallrats and coffee shop nerds, with random decent few interspersed, Mobile is dead -- unfortunately in all the wrong senses of the word. Your best bet (post-Katrina) is to drive to P'cola, but I have yet to try that myself, so I couldn't suggest anywhere specific.

Of course, like I said, if anyone has news or information to the contrary: please correct me, as you will be immediately well-favored, as well as just generally showered with a great many ubercookies. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Avernus

I would welcome a correction if I am wrong, but as far as I know -- no, there really isn't. Aside from the mallrats and coffee shop nerds, with random decent few interspersed, Mobile is dead -- unfortunately in all the wrong senses of the word. Your best bet (post-Katrina) is to drive to P'cola, but I have yet to try that myself, so I couldn't suggest anywhere specific.

Of course, like I said, if anyone has news or information to the contrary: please correct me, as you will be immediately well-favored, as well as just generally showered with a great many ubercookies. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

Pfft, mall goths and coffee shoppe nerds inhabit Pensacola as well. ??? No goth music scene in Alabama...too bad. Perhaps it is nice being one of the few goths around though. I've been working on some instrumental goth rock/piano music for a month or two now. Pretty soon, I'll be getting some female vocals from a friend of mine. It's just for something I like to do though. If we ever become a full fledged band, and do any kind of performance, you guys could come and we could express the fact that we exist, fee haw ho hum. Erm, but it's honestly just creative fun.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Avernus

Eh...I hear say in west mobile but in reality i live across the bay and have not had a chance to see when i turn 15 my bro is gonna take me and my best friend but untill then i just hear about things but there is a huge Goth community at my high school so i am content for now

Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:34 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next