View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:45 pm




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 13 posts ] 
 Chat times 
Author Message
Phlegethos

Joined: September 2002
Posts: 92
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Gender: None specified
Post 
I am too lazy at this moment to do the search feature. If posted before, sorry in advancement.

Now.. what about set chat times? Like, say we meet in chats Wednesdays at 5 PM, or something of that manner? The chat rooms now are dead...

_________________
To make a big splash at the goth clubs roll around in the snow naked for awhile to achieve hypothermia. Then go to the nearest goth club (get dressed outside for max affect) and be the coldest corpse on the dance floor. Sure to amaze!


Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Nessus
User avatar

Joined: January 2002
Posts: 9249
Location: NY, USA
Gender: Female
Post 
LalartuAlal wrote:
I am too lazy at this moment to do the search feature. If posted before, sorry in advancement.

Now.. what about set chat times? Like, say we meet in chats Wednesdays at 5 PM, or something of that manner? The chat rooms now are dead...

5pm where exactly? there are 24 timezones of course :P

Talk in the chatrooms ebbs and flows... sometimes it's quiet even though there are a number of people around. And sometimes it also varies within the 2-3 main channels.

But if people want to get together at a certain time, that's cool... a show of hands?


Lilith

_________________
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.


Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Nessus
User avatar

Joined: March 2002
Posts: 3844
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Gender: None specified
Post 
We have a chat room? :P

Mes

_________________
:: Before a man can break wind in front of a lady he must have brought her to climax at least once, preferably twice, to make sure the first was not a fluke :: (Yoinked from Hermit)


Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:53 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Nessus
User avatar

Joined: February 2002
Posts: 5603
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Female
Post 
We can't all just meet to chat, it's come as you go.
We have 24 time zones to work with, people with set schedules, and other things.

Yes, Darker.net may be dead some times, but that's just the nature of the beast. If you are in a good discussion on the board and want to chat with that person in real time, then PM them and start up a convo from there.

But we can't take time out of our days to chat about whatever. Everyone has a different schedule.

_________________
Goth.Net Samurai of Flaming


pink versus black - black versus magenta
this picture of you - just melts in my agenda


Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Post 
Ok, maybe this thing sucks .. but I would like to know if the applets are still working, because everytime I try to login .. the damn thing won't load.

and I can't use Irc ..


Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:37 pm
Nessus
User avatar

Joined: January 2002
Posts: 9249
Location: NY, USA
Gender: Female
Post 
Zephirus wrote:
Ok, maybe this thing sucks .. but I would like to know if the applets are still working, because everytime I try to login .. the damn thing won't load.

and I can't use Irc ..

Considering we're still getting a steady stream of people logging in through both the goth.net and darker.net applets I'll assume that yes they still both work.

I think the applet is prone to some lag and pinging out at times, which is why we recommend that people try and connect via an irc client.



Lilith

_________________
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.


Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Nessus
User avatar

Joined: August 2002
Posts: 7435
Location: Austin, TX
Gender: Female
Post 
Lilith wrote:
Zephirus wrote:
Ok, maybe this thing sucks .. but I would like to know if the applets are still working, because everytime I try to login .. the damn thing won't load.

and I can't use Irc ..

Considering we're still getting a steady stream of people logging in through both the goth.net and darker.net applets I'll assume that yes they still both work.

I think the applet is prone to some lag and pinging out at times, which is why we recommend that people try and connect via an irc client.

It might have something to do with your version of the Java client...??? The only reason I say this is because I recently updated to Java 1.4.1 and many sites which utilize Java (including the chat) are now giving me trouble. I just went ahead and downloaded an IRC thingy and am struggling my way through that now. :)

_________________
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats


Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:30 pm
Profile
Nessus
User avatar

Joined: January 2002
Posts: 9249
Location: NY, USA
Gender: Female
Post 
Lunamoth wrote:
It might have something to do with your version of the Java client...??? The only reason I say this is because I recently updated to Java 1.4.1 and many sites which utilize Java (including the chat) are now giving me trouble. I just went ahead and downloaded an IRC thingy and am struggling my way through that now. :)

Odd. If anything a newer version of Java shouldn't have any issues.



Lilith

_________________
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.


Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minauros
User avatar

Joined: October 2002
Posts: 26
Location: England
Gender: None specified
Post 
Lunamoth wrote:
Lilith wrote:
Zephirus wrote:
Ok, maybe this thing sucks .. but I would like to know if the applets are still working, because everytime I try to login .. the damn thing won't load.

and I can't use Irc ..

Considering we're still getting a steady stream of people logging in through both the goth.net and darker.net applets I'll assume that yes they still both work.

I think the applet is prone to some lag and pinging out at times, which is why we recommend that people try and connect via an irc client.

It might have something to do with your version of the Java client...??? The only reason I say this is because I recently updated to Java 1.4.1 and many sites which utilize Java (including the chat) are now giving me trouble. I just went ahead and downloaded an IRC thingy and am struggling my way through that now. :)

You use OS X don't you? Are you using Safari to browse? It tends not to work with most Java applets in my experience. IE (even though I hate to recommend anything microsoft related (: ) works with the applet and the latest version of Java.

_________________
May whatever darkness you embrace, always bring you enlightenment


Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Nessus
User avatar

Joined: August 2002
Posts: 7435
Location: Austin, TX
Gender: Female
Post 
Fyrephin wrote:
You use OS X don't you? Are you using Safari to browse? It tends not to work with most Java applets in my experience. IE (even though I hate to recommend anything microsoft related (: ) works with the applet and the latest version of Java.

I am and I do. The reason it seemed to be (at least appeared to be) a Java issue was because I was also having trouble with an unrelated Java app whilst using IE. On Safari, the page wouldn't even load at all. On IE it would just "load" for like an hour till I gave up. That's what gave me such an impression. :)

_________________
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
-John Keats


Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:06 am
Profile
Post 
it's weird, I login to the usual chatroom I am into (under webmaster.com) and the applet works fine, but I try to use the applet on darker.net .. and it doesn't work too much.

oh well, I guess you won't see this fella around your chatroom until I get to use Irc on My own Cpu.


Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:01 pm
Nessus
User avatar

Joined: January 2002
Posts: 9249
Location: NY, USA
Gender: Female
Post 
Zephirus wrote:
it's weird, I login to the usual chatroom I am into (under webmaster.com) and the applet works fine, but I try to use the applet on darker.net .. and it doesn't work too much.

oh well, I guess you won't see this fella around your chatroom until I get to use Irc on My own Cpu.

Most likely different chat applets. Not all webbased chat applets are the same. Obviously.



Lilith

_________________
Webmistress @ GOTH.NET

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.


Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Post 
I have noticed.

don't worry, I won't spoil your chatroom .. yet.


Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:41 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.