View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 13 posts ] 
 Chat times 
Phlegethos

I am too lazy at this moment to do the search feature. If posted before, sorry in advancement.

Now.. what about set chat times? Like, say we meet in chats Wednesdays at 5 PM, or something of that manner? The chat rooms now are dead...

To make a big splash at the goth clubs roll around in the snow naked for awhile to achieve hypothermia. Then go to the nearest goth club (get dressed outside for max affect) and be the coldest corpse on the dance floor. Sure to amaze!

Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Nessus

I am too lazy at this moment to do the search feature. If posted before, sorry in advancement.

Now.. what about set chat times? Like, say we meet in chats Wednesdays at 5 PM, or something of that manner? The chat rooms now are dead...

5pm where exactly? there are 24 timezones of course :P

Talk in the chatrooms ebbs and flows... sometimes it's quiet even though there are a number of people around. And sometimes it also varies within the 2-3 main channels.

But if people want to get together at a certain time, that's cool... a show of hands?

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Nessus

Mes

Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:53 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Nessus

We can't all just meet to chat, it's come as you go.
We have 24 time zones to work with, people with set schedules, and other things.

Yes, Darker.net may be dead some times, but that's just the nature of the beast. If you are in a good discussion on the board and want to chat with that person in real time, then PM them and start up a convo from there.

But we can't take time out of our days to chat about whatever. Everyone has a different schedule.

pink versus black - black versus magenta
this picture of you - just melts in my agenda

Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Ok, maybe this thing sucks .. but I would like to know if the applets are still working, because everytime I try to login .. the damn thing won't load.

and I can't use Irc ..

Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:37 pm
Nessus

Ok, maybe this thing sucks .. but I would like to know if the applets are still working, because everytime I try to login .. the damn thing won't load.

and I can't use Irc ..

Considering we're still getting a steady stream of people logging in through both the goth.net and darker.net applets I'll assume that yes they still both work.

I think the applet is prone to some lag and pinging out at times, which is why we recommend that people try and connect via an irc client.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Nessus

Zephirus wrote:

and I can't use Irc ..

Considering we're still getting a steady stream of people logging in through both the goth.net and darker.net applets I'll assume that yes they still both work.

I think the applet is prone to some lag and pinging out at times, which is why we recommend that people try and connect via an irc client.

It might have something to do with your version of the Java client...??? The only reason I say this is because I recently updated to Java 1.4.1 and many sites which utilize Java (including the chat) are now giving me trouble. I just went ahead and downloaded an IRC thingy and am struggling my way through that now. :)

Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:30 pm
Nessus

It might have something to do with your version of the Java client...??? The only reason I say this is because I recently updated to Java 1.4.1 and many sites which utilize Java (including the chat) are now giving me trouble. I just went ahead and downloaded an IRC thingy and am struggling my way through that now. :)

Odd. If anything a newer version of Java shouldn't have any issues.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)

Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minauros

Lilith wrote:
Zephirus wrote:

and I can't use Irc ..

You use OS X don't you? Are you using Safari to browse? It tends not to work with most Java applets in my experience. IE (even though I hate to recommend anything microsoft related (: ) works with the applet and the latest version of Java.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Nessus

You use OS X don't you? Are you using Safari to browse? It tends not to work with most Java applets in my experience. IE (even though I hate to recommend anything microsoft related (: ) works with the applet and the latest version of Java.

I am and I do. The reason it seemed to be (at least appeared to be) a Java issue was because I was also having trouble with an unrelated Java app whilst using IE. On Safari, the page wouldn't even load at all. On IE it would just "load" for like an hour till I gave up. That's what gave me such an impression. :)

Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:06 am
it's weird, I login to the usual chatroom I am into (under webmaster.com) and the applet works fine, but I try to use the applet on darker.net .. and it doesn't work too much.

oh well, I guess you won't see this fella around your chatroom until I get to use Irc on My own Cpu.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:01 pm
Nessus

it's weird, I login to the usual chatroom I am into (under webmaster.com) and the applet works fine, but I try to use the applet on darker.net .. and it doesn't work too much.

oh well, I guess you won't see this fella around your chatroom until I get to use Irc on My own Cpu.

Most likely different chat applets. Not all webbased chat applets are the same. Obviously.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Profile WWW

don't worry, I won't spoil your chatroom .. yet.

Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:41 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]