View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:26 am

Search for:
 [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next
 The Paganism Thread 
Cania

Location: Joie de l'Eau, Maice Isle, Gothsylvania, otherwise Blackheath, London, UK
Post Re: The Paganism Thread
I love your post, Midi :D

I didn't do anything for Yule (as we had family round and they also delivered bad news and I became exceedingly angry as well... not a good start to a celebration!)

Aka: Elodie Eulie SeaMajic... thank you Nephele (see here).
Aka: Aimee-Jo LaDélicieuse and Amela Joie Délicieuse, thank you again, Nephele :D - (see here and here).

Gothsylvania's ArchPagan... see here.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:43 am
Stygia

Thank your for your post. It is nice to have someone explain things so openly.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:14 am
Manisha

Minty wrote:
I love your post, Midi :D

I didn't do anything for Yule (as we had family round and they also delivered bad news and I became exceedingly angry as well... not a good start to a celebration!)

I'm very glad to know you approved! *whew*

I didn't do anything either because of school (and other things). I did have a small bonfire, but the neighbors keep trying to call on us about it so we can't have it for long. Damn nosy, non fire-loving neighbors! :evil:

Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Phlegethos

This Yule was very special for me because it was my year and a day. And I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me?

1) How can animals be added to ritual and other such things?

2) How does one go about finding their totem animal?

Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:38 pm
Manisha

Involving animals or for animals?

I know Scott Cunningham has some great rituals for protecting your pets....

I've also heard that the only animal that can enter a circle without disrupting it, is a cat.

As for how animals can be added (and I am highly confident you don't mean for ritual slaughter) I am not sure. I'd say do what works for you. It it YOUR ritual, your spell, etc... do with it as you will...

As for how to go about finding your totem animal, I haven't the slightest idea.

This is a great sight to look at for help.

Congrats on your Year and a Day! I never did that, nor have I ever preformed a dedication ritual. I will never do the year and a day (though I've thought about it) because it related mainly to only Wicca and I have no desire to feel obligated to only one system of belief. If I ever do a dedication ritual, it will be a dedication to the god and goddess and a general idea of paganism.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Phlegethos

I did my year and a day mostly as a time for looking within and study along with a lot of things that I needed to do for personal healing. My dedication was to the god and goddess, along with dedicating myself to helping others on their own path as much as they help me...a personal calling and one of my goddess, She Who hears the Cries Of the World.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:44 am
Manisha

Hades1345 wrote:
I did my year and a day mostly as a time for looking within and study along with a lot of things that I needed to do for personal healing. My dedication was to the god and goddess, along with dedicating myself to helping others on their own path as much as they help me...a personal calling and one of my goddess, She Who hears the Cries Of the World.

I'm glad that you were able to do that. It sounds lovely.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Cania

Location: Joie de l'Eau, Maice Isle, Gothsylvania, otherwise Blackheath, London, UK
Totem animals are quite tricky to pin-point. It takes many differing attempts to get it right (as there can be more than one animal at any given time).

I've heard it said that a person can have many totems, one is your life totem, one is your secondary totem, and the others can come in and out of your life to deliver messages or aid you in times of need/distress, etc.

Usually it will be an animal that you have always felt an affinity for/to. This link gives more info about totems.

I see totems a little like horoscopes... I was born in the year of the Dragon, I'm also a Libran, in the Celtic horoscope I'm a Vine. All of them are valid, yet cover differing parts of my life... just like totems do. I've always been drawn to owls, for as long as I can remember I've loved them, I also love bats, and cats, and crows and ravens... and I do love dragons (although they are a mythical creature). That is six animals :lol:

According to this in the Native American Animal Horoscope my animals are dove, crow and raven "The raven is intelligent, clever and mystical. Raven people are peace loving, idealistic and charming. They long for harmony in the community and must stay away from uncertainty and inconsistency."... which gels nicely with the way I feel about life in general really :D

I hope this helps in some small way :D

Aka: Aimee-Jo LaDélicieuse and Amela Joie Délicieuse, thank you again, Nephele :D - (see here and here).

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:45 am
Avernus

That could be quite possable, but the only way to find out unfortunatly is to die, and well your dead so you cant tell anyone, that kinda stinks. If this were true though i would like to be reincarnated in the victorian age i love it so much, its very intersting with the thoughts they had of eccentricity.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:47 am
Manisha

I need to learn more about totems. In truth I can stand to learn much about about everything.

Reincarnating into the Victorian age certainly sounds like an adventure.

Currently my friend Lilith and I are planning on starting our own female coven. I am really hoping it works out because I think I would love that very much. I've been reading much more lately about paganism than I have in quite a few months- mainly about how to raise your children in the pagan faith.

I firmly believed that I wouldn't influence my children spiritually but it has already been rubbing off on them simply because of the way I live. It also doesn't help that family keeps trying to push Christianity on to them and I don't like it so I'm trying to do what I feel is best, even if that means teaching them my path first and then introducing them to other paths when they are older and understand better.

Besides, I don't believe having a fond respect for nature is a bad thing.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Cania

I don't blame you in the least for wanting to counteract the effect of those that would push christianity on your children, Midi... I would as well. They really have a damn cheek to do that, the raising of your children is your responsibility and no one has the right to try and usurp the way you do it :mad:

It's only natural that your kids would take an interest in 'what Mummy is doing'... kids are nosy creatures and they always find things out (usually the very things you don't want them to know :lol: ).

I'm really believe that those that disrespect the planet don't really have much respect for much else either. People that abuse animals and rape the planet for profit make me angry (and most of those that hurt human beings begin on a smaller scale with animals).

Good luck with the coven, Midi... I'm quite jealous as I'd like to have a coven, and pagan real life friends, but alas I've never found either.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:04 pm
Manisha

Minty wrote:
I don't blame you in the least for wanting to counteract the effect of those that would push christianity on your children, Midi... I would as well. They really have a damn cheek to do that, the raising of your children is your responsibility and no one has the right to try and usurp the way you do it :mad:

It's only natural that your kids would take an interest in 'what Mummy is doing'... kids are nosy creatures and they always find things out (usually the very things you don't want them to know :lol: ).

I'm really believe that those that disrespect the planet don't really have much respect for much else either. People that abuse animals and rape the planet for profit make me angry (and most of those that hurt human beings begin on a smaller scale with animals).

Good luck with the coven, Midi... I'm quite jealous as I'd like to have a coven, and pagan real life friends, but alas I've never found either.

Yeah my mother in law, on Christmas, took my daughter aside while I was in another room to tell her about the birth of Jesus and why people celebrated Christmas. I walked into the conversation and since then I have rethought my ideas on how to raise my children. I now no longer try to hide my faith around my kids (not that I did a great job of that anyway) and talk to them about it regularly.

I remember the other day, my daughter came up to me and said "Mommy, we haven't made a circle today- we need it." It was the cutest thing.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Cania

That is just the cutest thing, Midi :D It's great that your daughter is interested and willing to learn. I truly think that kids get their tolerance and acceptance as children (although I'm well aware that just because a person is raised a certain way, that doesn't mean they stay in that mindset for life).

I know at the christian forum I still sometimes visit, that it breaks my heart to see teenagers and young adults saying the most grotesque things about those that don't think the same things they do... only they don't realise that they are not saying what they actually think, they are repeating by rote the things they have heard since birth! A lot of them don't even think for themselves, a pastor, parent or peer says something and they follow suit to fit in and appear 'normal'... it makes me sad :(

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:52 pm
Nessus

The reason a parent hates hearing a five year old repeating "Why?" over and over is the same reason a religious leader hates it. It works very well on making the prolesytiser go away.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Manisha

Arquinsiel wrote:
The reason a parent hates hearing a five year old repeating "Why?" over and over is the same reason a religious leader hates it. It works very well on making the prolesytiser go away.

So very, very true!

And I agree, Minty. If you are the religion that you because because you made the 'intelligent'* decision to follow it based on your own understanding and not the understandings of others, I'm more willing to believe you mean it. So many follow the flock without ever giving a thought on what might be beyond a different horizon than the one they face with their crowd.

*= Granted, many believe that believing in something unseen is the very opposite of intelligent and believe it or not- I understand why.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next