View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:52 am

Search for:
 [ 981 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 66  Next
 Your style - What defines your look 
Dis

Post Re: Your style - What defines your look
My style is hard to describe since I kinda don't have a "set" style but; I do know for sure that I like my clothes practical and subtle.

Depending on my mood, I'm 80s goth one day, emo another day, retro/fan t-shirts some days, and others days just looking plain alternative.

The only make up I have the patience for is black or gray eye shadow and eyeliner.

I wear nailpolish that are all of my favorite colors, but I do wear black the most since it's the most subtle and neutral. Not just because it's the "goth standard".

I like to wear unatural colored hair extensions half because it's easier for when
I have be more conservative for certain things and half because my hair had started to get damaged from dying it too much.

I don't have any tattoos or non traditional piercings(and that's only because I can't handle the pain).

I try to be open to fashion suggestions, but I'm gonna say right now that I refuse to wear heels and I'll fight anyone to death who tries to put me in them.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:30 pm
Malbolge

Mine's corp goth/business casual by necessity, but I'd like a more punky/deathrock look with boots suitable for running, jumping, climbing trees and putting on makeup while I'm up there. I'm just afraid I'm a bit too old for it. Oh, and the deathhawk I want probably wouldn't work.
I also like and wear Victorian inspired things but they make me feel so prissy. :?

Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:09 pm
Phlegethos

My style's also on the corp goth side for work - black skirts, dark-colored tops, black dresses, black stockings/tights and black heels or boots. Outside work I usually sport black or dark skinny pants or leggings, dark dresses/tops with lace or other gauzy accents. I like to accessorize with mainly silver jewelry and other vintage or handmade items I get on Etsy. When it's cool out I love to wear a velvet blazer with a scarf, gloves, and cloche hat.

I put in extra effort on my makeup, always. I'm never without eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, defined eyebrows, and lipstick (and of course foundation and concealer). For my nails it's usually a dark, almost-black red, burgundy, purple or green -- that is, when it's not full-on black. :)

I have 10 tattoos and several holes in my ears. Luckily, my job is cool about that, so I won't rule out adding to my collection. :)

Right now, though, I'm in sore need of a nice pair of Gothy shoes (preferably heels) for casual wear... suggestions welcome!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Malbolge

Igorina wrote:
...with boots suitable for running, jumping, climbing trees and putting on makeup while I'm up there...

This sounds very Eddie Izzard-ish. If that was intended, I greatly applaud you. ANd if it wasn't, I still applaud you. :)

My goth look is fairly muted if you will. I wear black pants, a black band shirt, and my ankh. If I'm just going out and about, I wear either Converse or my TUK's. If I'm going to the goth club, I suit up with my knee-high boots. Terribly plain and boring, I know. If I knew how to do it and felt confident enough to do, I'd tease my hair sort of like how Siouxsie did in the early years of Siouxsie and the Banshees (no amount of hairspray holds my hair up...it's stubborn).

*insert cool, spiffy text here*

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:07 pm
Malbolge

You're right, the quote's from Eddie Izzard. It's definitely something I can relate to.

Hey, simple's not necessarily boring.

I've come to the conclusion that some hair types resist hairspray. I have fine hair myself and unless I keep it very short, it's either messy (not in a good or interesting way) or it goes completely lank.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:59 pm
Phlegethos

It all depends on the weather and my mood. If I'm in the "i seriously can't be fucked organizing an outfit" mood, I usually just wear my tattered black skirt and a singlet. Sometimes I wear this uber hippy outfit. But lately I've been wearing my black bondage corset, spiderweb skirt (I made it!), bigass combat boots, ripped fishnet tights over black tights, fluffies (sometimes) and my leather jacket or that fishnet hoodie thing i got last week.. and my tail of course.
Though one strict rule with my outfits: No pants. Ever.

-- Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:47 am --

Cybernyan wrote:
It all depends on the weather and my mood. If I'm in the "i seriously can't be fucked organizing an outfit" mood, I usually just wear my tattered black skirt and a singlet. Sometimes I wear this uber hippy outfit. But lately I've been wearing my black bondage corset, lots of studded accessories, spiderweb skirt (I made it!), bigass combat boots, ripped fishnet tights over black tights, fluffies (sometimes) and my leather jacket or that fishnet hoodie thing i got last week.. and my tail of course.
Though one strict rule with my outfits: No pants. Ever.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:46 am
Malbolge

This defines my style:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German-Elit ... 58924ece77

I love visor hats more than anything. The German and Russian military style is not only prestigious, but also unique, formal and it sure as heck stands out in a crowd.

What more can I say, they project confidence and power. Sure I'm not a Cpt. or a railway officer, I still love the look.

Also, as a side note, if goth girls wore these, I'd be impressed by their unique and utterly epikk fashion sense.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 pm
Phlegethos

I like the romantic goth look – lots of lace, velvet, and corset detailing. I'm obsessed with tights ... I tend to go between that and a sort of grungy look with dark jeans and military boots. I have quite a few pairs of brothel creepers, which I love, and I tend to wear way too much silver jewellery (if it looks like it's been stolen from a crypt, I tend to adore it). It's quite the mix but I just wear things that I like – even if they're not strictly 'gothic'.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Phlegethos

Probably 90% of my clothes come from the thrift stores so it's a mishmash... My idea of a comfy everyday outfit is black shorts or a poofy black skirt with knee high boots, striped socks and a black t-shirt. Some fishnet gloves and bat earrings, and bam, you have me. When I dress up I do a more witchy or lolita style, with black high heeled mary janes or victorian black boots, and a simple black dress and an unusual necklace.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Manisha

Lately I guess you could call my style "vampire meets punk". I am trying to gather together a wardrobe that is very dark cabaret and gypsy in appearance, with a splash of steam punk every now and then. I still love the Victorian and Medieval look and likely always will, but I have really found a home within the gypsy and dark cabaret styles and I find it suits me very well. Though I only have some articles I'd call really cabaret, I've had quite a few people ask me if I was a burlesque performer, which shows I'm going in the right direction!

Tue May 01, 2012 10:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Avernus

My look is more like tradicional/lolita gothic. I dress in black combined usually with purple or red. I like to wear flower pins or hair bands (or bows) as these are the key of my look. ^^

Wed May 02, 2012 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Avernus

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, what styles are people in here? A rather vague question I know... by style I mean are you more traditional with poet shirts et al, or industrial with studs and bondage gear, or do you make your own?
Me personally, I go for a more industrial look. Chains, bondage gear, spikes, combat boots, things of that sort. Though occasionally I dress more traditional, with a black dress shirt, celtic crosses etc.

Besides the natural scowling expression, there are the fitting thermal or long sleaved cotton tops, black skirts, creepers, pointed toe buckle boots or flat mary jane style shoes, I don't wear much jewelry unless it's a rare occasion since it takes up time and feels impractical. Facial powder and kohl. No mascara, no fake eyelashes, no nail polish, no lipstick, and no spiky heals or chains.

Sat May 26, 2012 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minauros

My style is largely based off of a victorian anime that I watched years ago and still rewatch due to the fact that the anime itself brought me to my dark state. A usual outfit for me is my black skinny jeans or loose fitting dark jeans on days when I want to just relax. A ruffled blouse or vest follows. Recently I've been wearing all my long skirts as dresses with a vest or corset over them (I am pretty old fashioned so I am terribly modest). I wear at least two necklaces, usually a cross on a long chain with a studded choker, then a hoard of rings follow. I wear at least three rings and at least one will always be full finger. I have an unhealthy addiction to rings in fact. Then I have one spikey wooden bracelet which I always wear.
I have waist length hair that is has never been dyed, I don't think I will ever dye it because it took years to grow out my hair and I cannot imagin what I would do if the dye job turned out wrong. I wear it wither loose and wild, or in a braid to protect it. I'll pull back a few strands from the frount and fasten it with a large flower clip. I have no tattoos but I plan on getting one when i get married (my lover's name on my ring finger).
To finish everything off I wear the every day foundation, mascara, and anime inspired eyeliner.
So if I my fashion is based mainly off of extravagent victorian looks, dark anime, slightly vampire due to my long, dark hair. But it depends on my mood swings too. My dad says I look like a escaped from a Tim Burton anime, which to me is a huge compliment whether he knows it or not. :D

Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:26 pm
Phlegethos

I don't have a "set" style. I like too many to stick to just one, but none of the are mainstream.

Depending on my mood, I dress, geek, "emo", traditional goth, indie(I guess that's what they call "undefined yet definitely not mainstream"), and kind of hippie(I like tye dye t-shirts, crystals, and long skirts/dresses that you'd usually see a hippie wear).

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:42 pm
Malbolge

I don't really have a set style, but I have strong preference for simple clothing - I don't like having too much layers of clothes or things that restrict my movement. If I wear sating corset-blouse I'll have straight trousers or straight skirt. Fancy skirt means no "fancyness" on top etc. However, I have fondness for nicely cut blouses made of lace :)

However - I go crazy with coats and boots. I'll never have enough of these and they come in all sorts of fashions. I am fond of leather mostly, however, and slightly military style. Recently I got myself a Harley Davidson's biker boots and I'm in complete and utter love with them. No man or cute cat can compare.

So overall I drift somewhere between a biker style and simple, slightly "witchy" goth-look. Plus you can hear me coming from miles away due to the jingle of my pendants. So overall I think it can be defined as "simple, dark with lots of shiny objects". I'm an utter magpie. :D

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 981 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 66  Next