View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:49 am

Search for:
 [ 222 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 ~Online Store Reviews~ 
Maladomini

Obviously, a lot of us here use the net for shopping. It has become one of the most popular methods of shopping both inside and outside of The Goth World, and, for many people; it's the most convenient way to shop.

There are more online stores now than ever before, some good; others not so good. I decided to start this thread – with the approval of scarlettdraelynkhar – so users here could share their online shopping experiences – both good and bad – with others.

I used various websites to do some Xmas shopping, and everything went quite well. Here are a few short reviews of the sites I used:

Item ordered: Priest's coat - minus the silly cross.
Delivery estimate: 4-5 weeks.
Actual delivery date: Approx 4 weeks.

Customer experience comments (if any): After placing the order, my father was e-mailed (the coat was my parent's Xmas present to me and so it was my dad's credit card and e-mail that was used) and was asked to provide additional information with regard to his method of payment. He was asked to give his CV2 number, and state the bank where his cc was issued – all via email, which is not the most secure method of transferring private information. However, seeing as there was no other way to contact the site owner, my father replied to the e-mail. A week or so after sending, I emailed the site from my dad's address, to see if they had received it, as we had not heard back from them since. Even though the website states all email correspondence is replied to within 72 hours, we never received a reply, prompting my dad to fret over his credit card details being in the wrong hands, and me to worry that my coat was not going to arrive for Christmas (or, indeed, at all ...). Eventually, everything turned out ok, but it was a stressful experience at the time.

Overall experience/rating: I'd say 3/5. My coat arrived and is a wonderful piece of clothing, which, I suppose, is the bottom line, but the customer service was appalling.

Additional comments: Read this thread if you want more information about this site. I was lucky with Drac In A Box. Many customers – in fact, to me, it seems most customers – were left disappointed. You have been warned!

---

Item(s) ordered: See my post in this thread for the cds I ordered. (I figured linking to this would be easier than posting individual links to each item on amazon.)
Delivery estimate: The shipping and delivery dates varied for almost each individual cd. For example, the estimated date for arrival of Sleep in Safety was Jan 5th, while Consummate was not expected to be in my hands until late February.
Actual delivery date: Again, they all varied. However, every cd came before its expected 'due date'. In fact, the Killing Miranda cd came a whole month and a half it was expected to!

Customer experience comments (if any): Not entirely applicable, as I had no real reason to contact the site prior to, or during, ordering or delivery. However, being able to track your order and have up-to-the-minute approximate shipping and delivery dates was very useful, and I often find myself wishing more sites had this feature. It was also very considerate of the site to have 'this item will not arrive before 25th December!' warnings with regard to certain items.

Overall experience/rating: Unsurprisingly – 5/5. Everything went smoothly and amazon.com is still one of the best as far as I'm concerned.

Additional comments: At first I was concerned about ordering one of the cds – KMFDM's Symbols – second-hand and from an outside party, but all went well and the cd arrived on time and in good condition.

---
Item(s) ordered: 'The Birds' for my dad.
Delivery estimate: 8-10 days.
Actual delivery date: 7 days!

Customer experience comments (if any): None really, I was kept up-to-date with my order and all went well.

Overall experience/rating: 5/5.

Additional comments: None.

---

Item(s) ordered: At The Gates 'Burning Darkness' top and Killing Joke 'War Dance' tee, both for a friend.
Delivery estimate: 28 days.
Actual delivery date: About 16-20 days.

Customer experience comments (if any): Same as the above site, I was e-mailed when my order was confirmed and dispatched and everything was done professionally.

Overall experience/rating: 5/5.

Additional comments: None.

---

Feel free to contribute to this thread and tell others your experinces :) As you can see (with my cd-wow order :b)the sites do not have to be exclusively goth-related, so include whatever you wish.

Exploding in your face ...'

KMFDM - Megalomaniac

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:00 am
Malbolge

Good thread idea! I often am wary of sites I haven't bought from before.

Items ordered: Two books, both second hand through an outside buyer.

Customer service comments: I bought both of my books from the seller wickedwendi store and neither of them showed up anywhere close to the given arrival time - in fact they were a couple of weeks late! I contacted the seller only for them to insist that the fault was not theirs, but the fault of my local deppo. As it is my sisters fiance works at the local deppo and he and a friend had already turned the place upside down looking for my parcel - it was most definatly the seller. A week later the books arrived - after I pointed out that it wasn't at the deppo and asked for a refund. However, don't let this put you off all outside sellers on amazon - just make sure you check their ratings very carefully before ordering!

Overall experience: 2/5 - my books arrived in good condition, but late and after a lot of hassle.

Item ordered: Pampering trip and photo shoot.

Customer service comments: Abismal. However, this was also an incident when it was not the site that I had a problem with, but the persons providing the product through the site. I ordered this early November and after several phone calls to a call centre where nobody seemed to know what was going on the vouchers arrived on 23rd December. I was finally informed that the lateness was due to somebody forgetting to send them... ??? Sadly lastminute.com doesn't appear to have ratings because their products are all from businesses, so it appers to be a case of pot luck.

Overall experience: 2/5: My sister is yet to use the vouchers, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt there. On the other hand the customer service and the delivery were appaling. Even my name and address, which I filled in online and spelt out several times over the phone were wrong on the packaging.

Items ordered: Two plane tickets to Budapest.

Customer service: N/A - everything went as smoothly as the website claimed. We had no problems checking in at the airport, despite having booked the holiday the night before and having only a confirmation email because the airport had already been notified. The hotel was lovely and there were no hidden charges.

Overall experience: 5/5

"If you can go home tonight and look in the mirror and say, 'I did a good job today,' then you are doing what you are supposed to do." - Susan Toney

"The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." - Carl Gustav Jung

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Nessus

Website: Amazon.ca (Because Canadians could read this, too!)

Item: "The Craft" DVD and "Samael" CD

Estimated Shipping Time: 5-7 days

Actual Shipping Time: 3 or 4 days (I forget exactly)

I never needed to contact customer service, but the fact that my items shipped faster than expected, and came in perfect condition, brand new (as it said), and Samael CDs are near impossible to find, I was quite thrilled.

Overall Experience: 5/5

Website: Infectious Threads (http://www.infectiousthreads.com)

Item ordered: Corset Top

Estimated Shipping Time (Outside of US): 4-6 mail delivery days.

Actual Shipping Time: 5 days

Customer Service: When I had originally contacted the owner, Andee, for sizing information for the top, I got a response right away, and she was very kind about it. I ordered through PayPal, and everything went smoothly.

Overall experience: 5/5, I ended up ordering another top from the site!

Item ordered: Coffin Purse and Death Mints

Estimated Shipping Time (Outside of US): 5-7 Business Days

Actual Shipping Time: 7 business days (my previous order was quicker, I'll explain below.)

Customer Service: I had previously ordered a dress from Arsenic Fashions, and Donna, the owner, responded with my size inquiries very promptly and kindly. But when I went to order the purse and mints, the mints were out-of-stock. I got notification right away, and Donna shipped the purse anyways, so I would get the purse right away without waiting for the mints. Therefore, thats why this order took 7 days, when my dress I had ordered before took 5 days. When I got my purse, a reciept was included of where the charges were taken off for the mints. As with Infectious Threads, everything was done through PayPal.

Overall experience: 5/5, because (obviously), I've gone back and ordered again.

*Added Note* I find that independant business owners are much more pleasant to deal with, because your business means something to them, and they'll treat you like a person, rather than a number. :)

I hope this helps all the online shoppers here!

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:11 pm
ArcAngel, from your reviews, are you saying that you live in Canada and not in the USA?
Sorry for sounding rather on the retarded side, but I do like some of the items in Infectious Threads, and its very rare that I'll order from an international site due to fears of a long shipping time, and extra charges through customs. However, your review sounds very promising in terms of international service!
Thanks

Kitty

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:39 am
Nessus

Yes indeed! Actually, my parents were skeptical about letting me use their credit card to order off the internet, but when everything showed up, as promised, and there were no weird fees on the card, my parents were impressed, and I've been allowed to re-order from the sites because of that. Infectious Threads and Arsenic Fashions have pretty good shipping into Canada, considering Infectious Threads is in San Diego, California. And Arsenic Fashions is out of Salt Lake City, Utah. There are international shipping charges, but it usually depends on the weight of the item, and you can usually get a deal for ordering more than one item. Just be careful when ordering from Arsenic Fashions! LOL, Customs opened the package to check it, and my mom and I think it had something to do with the name "Arsenic". ;)

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:53 am
Maladomini

Item ordered: Two pairs of stockings, a pair of PVC pants, a tin box of mints and a top
Delivery estimate: 2-8 weeks
Actual delivery date: 2 weeks

Customer experience comments (if any): I accidentally ordered the wrong size of pants, they were so narrow I could barely zip them. Luckily I could send the pants back (unluckily paying for postage again) in exchange for the right size. The new pants should arrive in 2-8 weeks, I'll post something when I know more about them.
On a side note: the customer service is very friendly! I sent them an e-mail describing my pants problem (I needed a form to send them back), but the service lady looked up my customer no. for me and pointed out where I could find a printable copy of the form. She also explained what I should and shouldn't fill in.

Overall experience/rating: 4,5/5. Friendly customer service, contact is very good and the products are nice. The only downside is that they don't send the items that aren't in stock, and some don't seem to be restocked - my boyfriend has ordered a pair of gloves about five times, and I'm still waiting for my box of mints after the 3rd time ordering.

Additional comments: A nice thing to add is that they include small "merchandise gifts" in packages, like stickers or Rachael Huntington postcards or a poster. In my package, I found a nice new notepad.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Malbolge

Item ordered: Custom made Goggles.
Delivery estimate: 5 weeks.
Actual delivery date: 3 weeks.

Jaded Dreads happened to have the most friendly staff ever. They answered all my questions to what I would like in my goggles. My goggles came out to be: pink basecolor with splattered/sprayed black and white dotted frames, and UV blue real circuit board lenses. They were exactly what I wanted. I was warned that it would take about 5 weeks for my package to arrive, but three weeks later, I recieved a notice for a package! Great shipping and great staff! Oh, and the package also came with band stickers like Ander's Manga.

Rating: 5/5

Item ordered: Cy-X style Blue radioactive Goggles
Delivery estimate: One week
Actual delivery: 5 weeks

It took me a while to find Cy-X style goggles that are sold in the US, and I found Scailles.com at a reasonable price. I used money order in this one. One week after the delivery estimate passed, I began to worry. I had wanted those goggles before I went to my trip to the Adirondack Mountains (in New York State). Two and a half weeks, I ask them what was taking so long. They replied saying they haven't recieved the money order yet. What kind of money order takes two and a half weeks to arrive? Finally after two more weeks, my package arrives, and in such a crummy fashion. The goggles were placed so badly in the box, that it would've been crushed. No reciept was found. In the end, the strap of the goggles broke while in the Adirondacks.

Rating: 2/5

Edit: Edited for typo.

"What is so irritating about love is that it is a crime that requires an accomplice" ~C. Baudelaire

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:32 pm
Administrator

Item ordered:Demonia Bat-Shaped Purse
Delivery Estimate: 10 days
Actual delivery date: 9 days

Customer service: I did some research before I ordered this purse; I was looking for a site that offered multiple ways to pay for items purchased, and one that was relatively close to where I live. I used PayPal to purchase my purse, and the transaction went off with no problem whatsoever. They were excellent about notifying me when my item was shipped, and supplying me with a tracking number.

Rating: 5/5. I would definitely order from this site again.

"The Dead Travel Fast." ~ Bram Stoker, Dracula's Guest

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:24 am
Stygia

Item orderd: several stockings
Delivery estimated: 7-14 days
Actual delivery time: 7 days

Customer service:
Very good, never had a problem with them.

Rating 5/5

Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:24 pm
Stygia

I saw that someone asked in the forum, so I post this also.

ite orderd: Make up
Delivery estimated: up to 4 weeks, I think.
Actual deliver time: 6 weeks

Customer service:
I orderd some make up from them, and since some of it was sold out, and they had troubble getting a hold of what I wanted, it took a bit longer than normal. But they emailed me about this, and informed me. Really good service, and I would happily buy from them again.

Rating: 5/5

Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:30 pm
Stygia

Item ordered: 'Mercy' men's black kilt
Delivery estimate: 1-2 weeks (from UK to Canada).
Actual delivery time: 1 week.

Customer experience comments: I was floored that it came so quickly. This was a birthday gift for my man, and it turns out since he's a 'borderline' size, it was slightly too small. I emailed Kate's asking if I could send it back for a straight exchange, and got a response within 24 hours. They informed me that it might take 2 weeks before they'd have stock of the size I needed, which was fine, I could send it off and likely by the time it got there they'd have the size I needed in. They emailed me the day they received my parcel, told me they had the size I needed in stock and would ship it out the next day. They did not charge me for shipping it back to me. A week later, I had his perfectly fitting kilt.

Overall experience/rating: 5/5. It was not a super-duper quality kilt, which was fine because I wasn't expecting one for the equivalent of about $60 - but it was definitely suitable to the price, and in the past 8 months has stood up to repeated wear. Email response time was excellent, customer service was polite and to-the-point, return was totally no-hassle, and shipping time was awesome.

Thumbs up from me!

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Nessus

Items Ordered: Too many to mention.

I've been ordering from Amazon.com and the UK sister site Amazon.co.uk since 1998, and between myself (before I met PreZ) and since PreZ and I have been a couple, we have spent a lot there over the years.

We've ordered books, graphic novels, cd's, dvd's, an electric water kettle, a sewing machine, a baby gate, computer games, tea (they sell various Stash brand teas now) etc.

We order fairly regularly, and we participate in their Amazon Prime shipping upgrade program ($70 or so a year for 2 day shipping rather than Ground, availible only for Amazon.com and in the US). Often, if an item ships from a local distribution center, then it will actually arrive the next day, rather than in 2 days. Before the Prime program was initiated, the Ground shipping would often happen in a few days, but since Prime came into effect, the Ground shipments started taking longer, sometimes up to a week (which is within their 5-7 days shipping time). We don't like to wait that long, and order enough that it's worth the shipping upgrade cost :P

Before I lived in the US, I ordered from both the .com and .co.uk sites as well, and always had very fast shipping and no problems. Now, living in the US, we still occasionally order from the .co.uk site (for UK versions of books) and shipping is usually a week or often less.

The few times I have had problems, either with a defective product, or the item not being what I had imagined, a return or exchange has been an easy process. On a few occasions we've had it happen that an item was marked down in price before we had even received our order, and Amazon actually refunded us the difference. I do believe though that there is a limit as to how often they will do that (now?).

Overall, I can give them nothing but the highest praise.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Avernus

Yes I know this is a Goth forum but hey let me throw a sales pitch.

[No.  Let me show you the door, fucking spammer. -- Lunamoth]

Edited By Lunamoth on 1175213505

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:21 pm
Minauros

Item: Black and White patent high heels and black and white Stripey Tights

Experience: Wonderful! I placed the order and got a quick confirmation. The package arrived very quickly, and everything was packed securely, held in place with paper balls. The shoes fit well and the tights were good. I plan on ordering from them again.

5/5

~* Eri *~

Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Avernus

Items: a whole lot of CD's and DVD's

Service: Good, reliable service. I've ordered about 15 items off HMV in a two week period. I was sent e-mails when I placed the order, and e-mails when the order was shipped. Prices arn't to bad generaly between £5.99 to £10 on most CD's. Some items take longer than others but, mostly shipped within 5 working days; the longest I've waited was about 5 weeks. I'm not sure on there return policy.

5/5

Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 222 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next