View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 9 posts ] 
 Forum Moderator Etiquette - More politeness and patience please 
Dis

While this is an interesting site, I don't use the forums very much because I usually get yelled at by the Forum Moderators for complete nonsense.

For an occassional user who does not have the time to look through thousands of threads and posts, I have no idea whether something has been posted before or not - but it is usual to get a testy response from the moderators that the topic was discussed already in 2003 in a different forum or thread, and why bring up the topic again etc...

I think even if ideas have been discussed before this is a community site where presumably people are making contacts and friends. This is not Yale University where we have to cross our eyes and dot our "T"s.

If you need more help with the site, consider getting more sponsors so that you can get more volunteers or more full-time staff. Your negativity towards your users intimidates me.

Sun May 15, 2005 9:34 am
Stygia

For an occassional user who does not have the time to look through thousands of threads and posts, I have no idea whether something has been posted before or not

It takes less than two seconds to click on the 'search' button, type in a word and click search again. It's that simple and quick- your excuse is a faulty one.

They aren't yelling, they're doing their job.

- Francis Bacon

Sun May 15, 2005 11:31 am
Dis

Your excuse is a faulty one.

People make 'mistakes.' The point you are missing here is that I don't believe posting in the 'wrong' forum justifies a condescending tone or insults by the Forum Moderators to the visitors on this site. Your role along with the other Moderators is to assist the users. The user does not have a role to make your jobs more efficient.

Sun May 15, 2005 11:46 am
Nessus

Guess what? We've heard it before. We don't care. Most people around here like the way we do things. If you don't, direct your browser elsewhere. If you want to run a forum your way, start your own.

Sun May 15, 2005 2:09 pm
Profile YIM
Malbolge

As an occasional user you probably haven't seen some of the stupidity these mods have had to deal with. I applaud the mods for taking the stance they have in order to keep the morons out of this site. Personally I look forward to the times I can sit down and peruse these forums without having to read the utterly inane comments one would read on any other forum on the net, and to be able to read them in well written english with dotted i's and crossed t's.

And for your comment
/div wrote:
Your negativity towards your users intimidates me.

If you read the majority of the site mods' posts, you'll see that most of the time the mods are friendly, helpful and polite.
Its only when someone does something which has been said a million times before, that I've ever seen them get nasty and in each case its usually deserved.

-Princess Of Darkness-

Mon May 16, 2005 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Stygia

I don't use the forums very much because I usually get yelled at by the Forum Moderators for complete nonsense.

Well, you're new here, you have 19 posts, that means you're not quite used to it here. This forum is pretty different from any other forums. You're just not quite used to it .. Stay here a little longer and you'll know that the rules actually mean something and can make you a better person. :)
I personally don't want you to leave and I'm sure others don't. Trust me, you'll get used to it and like it here ;)

Dump Glory!

Mon May 16, 2005 8:10 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Cania

Keep in mind that the resurrection of ancient posts is a huge pet peeve of the mods and posting a topic to the appropriate forum really isn't that much of them to ask.I understand the ancient forum thing, it encourages new ideas on the board and keeps tired assed subjects from being rehashed each time someone new joins
I have seen them tolerate it if the resurrection was for an added piece of relevant information,not just a "Oh wow, I like Bauhaus,too" type of post.
Yes, they can be intimidating..but it keeps the weak and stupid out..so suck it up.

"No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency."-Theodore Roosevelt

Tue May 17, 2005 3:36 am
Profile WWW
Cania

It's not hard to post in the right forum. You only need to open your eyes and read the board title and description to know what kind of topics are expected there. Yes there are some grey areas on one or two subjects but that shouldn't be too much of a problem and if it is in the wrong place it'll get moved, not a big deal really. As for whether you're posting an old topic just go to search, you should only have trouble if it's something that won't have a definate title like some of the topics in General Discussion and Gothic get.

- Oscar Wilde

Tue May 17, 2005 9:03 am
Nessus

Bitch, bitch, bitch. Moan, moan, moan.

We've heard it before, and we don't care. If you don't like the rules, go play in a forum that doesn't care if people shit on the rules and act like douchebags.

CLOSED.

"You see, to them you're just a freak . . . like me!" ~The Joker

Sat May 28, 2005 11:48 pm
Profile ICQ
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]