View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Portland, Oregon - Anyone from goth.net here? 
Stygia

I'm not complaining about a lack of goths. I'm actually quite happy, from what I've seen portland has a thriving night life full of goth's. Sure there are no goth's at my school but that's no problem. I actually met a goth in the hot-tub at my firiends apartments. He told me about going to a switchblade symphony and fantasio (a band that sam of black tape for a blue girl created on the side) concert, I was jealous. Well back to the actual subject, If any of you live in the area it would be cool to chat over a cofee sometime or something like that. I'm probably younger than most of you though.

for awhile I'm everything...everything

Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:04 pm
Stygia

I lived in Portland for 7 months and I must say the scene there was horrible. The clubs mostly only play EBM music and a lot of the people have attitude problems.

Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:42 am
Nessus

I lived in Portland for 7 months and I must say the scene there was horrible. The clubs mostly only play EBM music and a lot of the people have attitude problems.

Have you ever found a goth club withOUT attitude problems? I kinda thought it came with the scene. And given the choice between a pretentious club and a sleazy meat-market club, I'd take the former any day.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of EBM, and I'm moving to Eugene, OR tomorrow. I've got a friend up in Portland who I went clubbing with in Denver a lot, though she hasn't had a lot of time to scope out the club scene there yet.

Care to give a brief run-down of which clubs are half-decent (if you're into EBM, at least) and which should be avoided like the plague?

SS

PS--Rapture, about your original post: I'll be in Eugene, not Portland, but I might be driving up periodically. I'm 22 though--I'm guessing you're a lot younger from your post? Anyway, drop me a PM sometime.

Edited By StarvingStudent47 on 1059538713

Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:13 pm
Stygia

djVampira wrote:

Have you ever found a goth club withOUT attitude problems? I kinda thought it came with the scene. And given the choice between a pretentious club and a sleazy meat-market club, I'd take the former any day.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of EBM, and I'm moving to Eugene, OR tomorrow. I've got a friend up in Portland who I went clubbing with in Denver a lot, though she hasn't had a lot of time to scope out the club scene there yet.

Care to give a brief run-down of which clubs are half-decent (if you're into EBM, at least) and which should be avoided like the plague?

SS

PS--Rapture, about your original post: I'll be in Eugene, not Portland, but I might be driving up periodically. I'm 22 though--I'm guessing you're a lot younger from your post? Anyway, drop me a PM sometime.

I don't like EBM very much. The club where I dj'd isn't open any longer. Go to http://www.pdxindgoth.com .
They have event and club listings there. The scene there really does suck....honest. I have lived in a lot of different towns and that had to have been the worst.

Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:30 am
Phlegethos

I may be moving to Vancouver, across the river to Portland. I'm currently visiting there now.

Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:21 pm
Phlegethos

I live down in Eugene, OR and have been out of the scene for years. I'm currently looking for ways to hook back in. Unfortunatly I'm ancient compared to the rest of you. If you ask I'll tell, otherwise mum's the word on that subject. As for the attitude.....we all have ego's and like them stroked by others at one time or another. Bitting hands off at the wrist is a good way to keep that from happening. Attitude gets sooo old.

Poisoned lips and a sharp tongue to sing a song of angels

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Phlegethos

Well, it's official. I live in Vancouver now. Good, good. I hope to meet any of you who live in the area.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:07 pm
Phlegethos

Sorry this took so long but welcome....hope your enjoying Vancouver. :)

Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:15 am
Profile WWW
Phlegethos

Dear Bite,
Sorry this took so long but welcome....hope your enjoying Vancouver. :)

Also late in coming, but thankyou. I am enjoying it very much here. *see 'Washington' post*

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:56 pm
Avernus

I am a Portland native but have moved around since then (now in Atlanta). Eugene is probably bigger on the goth scene (lived there too) than Portland, but I'm sure that Portland has its share.

I would love to re-visit Portland and check it out.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Phlegethos

Atlanta huh? That is quite a ways form our lovely damp northwest. I've been as far east as a two day visit to TN and lived in Misourri for a few years. Couldn't wait to get back here....hope Atlanta is treating you well :D

Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Minauros

I'm from Portland as well, born and raised. I don't think the scene is too terribly bad, but than again, with the exception of a few people, I pretty much keep to myself, I mostly go to clubs to listen to the music, and I do like EBM, so I have that in my favor I suppose, not to mention my travelling experience is slim to none so I have nothing to compare it against.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Malbolge

Portland does have one thing going for it. we don't have to worry about losing our perferred complexion. Overcast and rain every day, so no worry of tans. I haven't really been up on the scene since the Satyricon closed down. the Paris is for preteens, and Dante's is single handedly keeping the myth that all goths are pretentious alive. New spots have opened lately, so I hear, but I just lost touch with the scene.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:53 pm
Minauros

Portland does have one thing going for it. we don't have to worry about losing our perferred complexion. Overcast and rain every day, so no worry of tans.

Very true but who would want a tan anyway?

I'm in the Portland area, Beaverton area to be more specific but I'm not into the club scene at all. I just really don't see the point anymore, when I was 16 I did but I guess I "grew up" somewhere along the lines. Coffee is good though, I do go for that quite a bit.

As for the Portland goth scene, I've lived in many towns that at first seemed great and more interesting because it was different then here but in the end all I wanted to do was come home where people are semi-decent. I'd never trade Portland for another town.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:00 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Phlegethos

I'm so glad to see all of you as I'll be moving up to the Portland area, could be as soon as this fall. I'll be based somewhere around the Mount Hood area and could use a bit of advice on where a girl might rent decently on a student budget ect.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next