View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:38 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Well watta ya know.. 
Malbolge

=:) yeah ! im the first S.A. goth here thats kewl.
compared to Goth.co.za this is much better

"..And isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway? I mean all of you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh oooh oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick

Tue Feb 12, 2002 1:24 am
Nessus

goth.co.za ... wasn't that site originally for the Gothic Order of South Africa? That site had some awesome design originally (i.e. well over a year ago), now it seems very directionless and I'm a bit underwhelmed by the current design... pity, it used to be so purty.

South Africa... lovely natural habitats and wildlife. I visited there in August 1999 (along with Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia). My father actually lives in JHB currently.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Tue Feb 12, 2002 1:50 am
Profile WWW
Malbolge

i think the scene has gotten better but ive only recently really got into it ..
i was actually thinking about giving those admin ppl @ goth.co.za a talking to , c if mayb i could give them an assist (*Gee* professional sounding) :P

ppl always seem to like the nature thing, never understood it myself (suppose its because i live here )

"..And isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway? I mean all of you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh oooh oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick

Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:16 am
Nessus

ppl always seem to like the nature thing, never understood it myself (suppose its because i live here )

Once you've lived in places where "wild animals" just mean like the occasional deer and squirrel and stuff, and where most of the landscape has been manipulated by humans for a few centuries at least, being in Africa and seeing the landscapes and the animals there is pretty incredible.

Though, humans (of course) are on the fast track to raping it all into submission there too.

It's pretty much the last wilderness, with the exception of a few other places.

</melodrama>

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Malbolge

true true (although after ur fifty-millionth rhino u begin to hope that they go extinct)
but i must say the parks and stuff in Natal are really nice, they're how i would imagine rain-forests are like.

but theres no way in any of the numerous hells that im gonna leave my JHB for some stinking leaves :)

Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:57 pm
Nessus

But, I can understand not wanting to trade in the city life with its amenities for the bush.

I have to say the bush was one of the most relaxing places though, and there's something to be said for periods of time spent away from modern trappings.

The most surreal place we were was Namibia, camping out in some vast valley... in the middle of the night with bright full moon lighting everything it was like a lunar landscape. Incredible.

I don't think I could, or would want to adapt to JHB life though. We stayed there a couple days with friends. It's too restrictive for me, bars on windows, gates and walls around properties and armed response security. No big deal if you were brought up with this as a way of life, but I found it kinda depressing and claustrophobic.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)

Wed Feb 13, 2002 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Malbolge

I think thats probably a function of my personality/upbringing that without the restrictions/claustrophobia id go insane..
like if u step out of a spaceship without ur suit on..

and that wud b gross.. *EW* :P

Wed Feb 13, 2002 12:56 am
Minauros

i was born in sa, but i really grew up in windhoek, in the hills and isolation. still, sa is the best place in the world, especially compared to the shithole i live in now. i'm stuck in the middle east, abu dhabi, where unless you like sun tanning in an abaia, there really isn't anything for you to do.
actually, i never took much notice of the wildlife and open spaces much either when i lived there, but now that i'm in a big city, i remember all the perfect things about it(except koring kreiks, ugh!) africa is beautifull when all you have of it is memories.
despite that i don't think i would like to give up my city. firstly it's really really safe here, you have no idea, i walk the streets at night by myself. i love walking the streets at night. secondly, i'm just about the only vampire in this city, and i feel like this is my domain. like i own it. that's a scrumptous feeling...
o, i'm lethe, nice to meet you.

and it's hot too...very hot
and the birds
break through the screens
to die in the bedrroms

Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:46 am
Malbolge

How did I miss another African on the boards?
hope they're still around...

Windhoek's in Namibia right? looks like quite a nice place (diamonds on the beaches and what-not)

Deviant - too little, too late (probably)

Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:15 am
Nessus

Windhoek's in Namibia right? looks like quite a nice place (diamonds on the beaches and what-not)

Deviant - too little, too late (probably)

Are those the diamond-beaches that are under 24hr armed guard? I remember reading about them somewhere.

Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:36 am
Malbolge

I wouldn't be suprised. If I remember correctly, the beach is owned by some-or-other company so you'd actually be stealing diamonds if you took one.

Deviant - and you thought beach sand in your shorts was bad.

Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:12 am
Minauros

about the diamond fields...well they're restricted areas alright, but if you've ever been to the namib desert you'd know that you you couldn't pay someone to guard those fields. anyone could drive in and search for the loot, but then they'd be facing days of crawling around in the dirt which is not an incredably tempting idea, even for diamonds. Besides, it's not like they're just strewn accross the beaches *snickers*. i was just as clueless once. :D

and the birds
to die in the bedrroms

Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:14 am
Minauros

Yay, South Africans & Namibians...kindred spirits :)

Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:21 am
Minauros

nice to have someone to talk to. i think introductions are in order.

lethe. vampire, and self proclaimed sex goddess.
no one believes me tho... :p

and the birds
to die in the bedrroms

Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:30 am
Dis

hmm... i seem to have missed the SA goth movement by a month... ah well... *crawls into dark corner* :p

Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:58 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next