View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:52 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Doors!! - Stuff happening at my favorite club 
Malbolge

....I haven't lived in SA since '96 though

Yip, that would explain it. :D . Most of the good clubs have closed down due to lack of interest/income.

The Doors is still open but it's moved to Edenvale and has been slowly declining towards nu-metalness (not that it was ever really a gothic club,but it had its nights) #( ,although recently there seems to be a resurgence in the sub-culture, possibly as a result of the whole trendy-goth thing, so alot of new clubs are popping up, w00t!

Deviant - rues the fact that he wasn't old/brave enough to go to the good clubs when they were open.

"..And isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway? I mean all of you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh oooh oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick

Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:30 am
Minauros

At least we still have the few truly excellent ones

Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:22 am
Avernus

Hey! I live in Edenvale and Doors is like my second home. I was shocked (shocked I tell you!) to go through one night and find that some fruitcake had decided it was a good idea to host a Retro/Rock/Reggea night at the Doors. It's happened twice! Twice!

I'm almost too scared to go back. We'd like to phone ahead and make sure that we won't be there during the RRR nightmare but the club doesn't seem to be listed.

Don't get me wrong, they make up for it on other nights, but it was scary dude. Scary.

Was also there when the Awakening played last month. What a crock. Paid thirty bucks, no happy hour(s) and no good bands. They really have to jack their story up.

Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:01 am
Profile WWW
Phlegethos

Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:14 pm
Minauros

Well said, but now where is everbody around here?
There must even be some ex-saffers who could comment on the joys of days past in the dingy clubs around here :p

Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:31 pm
Phlegethos

I wish someone would kidnap me and take me to the Doors!!!

I sit at home and rot...slowly decaying into nothingness, melting into the unknown which I know too well...

PLEASE TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindless Poet
=:)

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:41 pm
Phlegethos

I love South Africa. It's the only country where you can shower off HIV/AIDS.

(If you're not South African, you probably won't get the joke)

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:20 pm
Nessus

I know it's lame to have to explain a joke, and takes away a lot of the humour, but not you're got me really curious.  What's the joke mean?

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:16 am
Phlegethos

Severance wrote:

I know it's lame to have to explain a joke, and takes away a lot of the humour, but not you're got me really curious.  What's the joke mean?

Jacob Zuma, who is supposed to be the next president of South Africa, was charged with rape and corruption. At his court case, he was asked why he had sex with an HIV-infected woman. He gave a shocking response and claimed that it was ok since he took a shower after to take out any risk of getting infected.

Edit: Might I add that South Africa has the highest HIV/AIDS rate in the world, so it's quite fucking ignorant for him to say that. You should also know that Zuma is a racist bastard.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:02 pm
Nessus

Lunamoth wrote:
Severance wrote:

Jacob Zuma, who is supposed to be the next president of South Africa, was charged with rape and corruption. At his court case, he was asked why he had sex with an HIV-infected woman. He gave a shocking response and claimed that it was ok since he took a shower after to take out any risk of getting infected.

Edit: Might I add that South Africa has the highest HIV/AIDS rate in the world, so it's quite fucking ignorant for him to say that. You should also know that Zuma is a racist bastard.

Ah.  That's... wow.  :shock:
Is it sad that I'm comforted the US isn't the only country with morons for political leaders?

Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:11 am
Phlegethos

Post Re: Doors!! - Stuff happening at my favorite club
Haha have no shame. SA is much more worse off than the US. The SA government spends over millions of rand(SA currency) on name changes of streets/towns/cities instead of funding organizations that benefit the poor. I believe about 50% of the population is below the poverty line. That's just one example of how stupid our government is.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:32 pm
Minauros

Post Re: Doors!! - Stuff happening at my favorite club
is any one still useing this thread
I live in pretoria and there is almost no real hangout for goths here exept thrashers scate park at night

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2