View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:55 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 14 posts ] 
 Lilith! 
Lilith... Can I by any chance get you to export this Ikonboard skin so I can tweak it and use it for my board? I'll give you full credit and even offer you guys a direct link from my site once it's up: http://www.nosgothic.net.

The forums are mostly going to be for Roleplaying of Dark Fantasy. You're welcoming to stop by once it's up, too.

Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:15 pm
Nessus

Lilith... Can I by any chance get you to export this Ikonboard skin so I can tweak it and use it for my board? I'll give you full credit and even offer you guys a direct link from my site once it's up: http://www.nosgothic.net.

The forums are mostly going to be for Roleplaying of Dark Fantasy. You're welcoming to stop by once it's up, too.

No offense, but I'd rather not have another site with (virtually) the same ikonboard skin. I mean, I can't stop people tweaking their boards to identical colourschemes, or making the same little posting icons that I did... but the reason I made my own icons was to keep it original and exporting it for another board would kind of defeat that.

As I mentioned in the email, I'd be willing to help out if you have problems getting the board to do what you want, but I'd prefer not to export this skin at the moment.

I've currently got several projects running and so am a little short on time, when I have less on my plate I may consider making a skin if you still need one, but between PreZ and myself it took over 8 hours or more to build this one with me doing the visual side and him doing the technical side. Gothic Rose will attest to it taking a lot of work to set up your own skin, I believe she said she worked on it for about 24 hours. So it's not a question of just spending an hour or so doing it, you spend a day at least.

Regards,

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Well, thanx, though I guess I no longer need the help. I figured out how to change the colors around. It took me all night. x.x

Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:00 pm
Nessus

Well, thanx, though I guess I no longer need the help. I figured out how to change the colors around. It took me all night.

I could have told you how if you were having problems, my helping was never an issue.

It's a pain in the ass mainly due to the fact that it's not only the css file that you need to change but also the html.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

I've currently got several projects running and so am a little short on time, when I have less on my plate I may consider making a skin if you still need one, but between PreZ and myself it took over 8 hours or more to build this one with me doing the visual side and him doing the technical side. Gothic Rose will attest to it taking a lot of work to set up your own skin, I believe she said she worked on it for about 24 hours. So it's not a question of just spending an hour or so doing it, you spend a day at least.

24 hours straight... this included creating all the custom graphics etc to replace the default ones (I too did this to ensure I have a unique-looking board)

It is a lot of work but the results are well worth it :)

Good luck with your board Jeseth!

Edited By Gothic-Rose on Mar. 18 2002 at 08:51

Sat Mar 16, 2002 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Graphics are not a porblem for me really. I have enough experience and other things that I can whip up some decent graphics in a few seconds, but I am just very used to using vBulletin and Ikonboard confuses the hell out of me. I've started to catch on now, though. :) I do have one question though and maybe you might be able to tell me about this... Is there anyway (without hacking the hell out of the board) that I can add new text boxes into the "profile" for each user? ???

Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:29 am
Nessus

Graphics are not a porblem for me really. I have enough experience and other things that I can whip up some decent graphics in a few seconds, but I am just very used to using vBulletin and Ikonboard confuses the hell out of me. I've started to catch on now, though. I do have one question though and maybe you might be able to tell me about this... Is there anyway (without hacking the hell out of the board) that I can add new text boxes into the "profile" for each user?

I don't think either Gothic Rose or myself have any problems creating the graphics, I know my way around PhotoShop quite well. It's just the sheer volume of graphics and icons that need doing. I had to tweak everything, down to the clickable smilies because they had white pixel "residue" from originally being on a white background. Just cleaning up a lot of the board's own graphics took me a while, it wasn't hard.

As for extra text boxes for the profile, I think you're probably better off asking that in the iB users message board on their site. I get the feeling that you'll end up hacking in the board for that one. Otherwise, you'll have to go searching for the profile html and adapt that to what you want.

I've had no desire to add new sections to the user profiles, there's enough space for most basic things, and if they want to tell people more, that's where the link to a homepage comes in handy.

:)

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)

Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

I don't think either Gothic Rose or myself have any problems creating the graphics, I know my way around PhotoShop quite well. It's just the sheer volume of graphics and icons that need doing. I had to tweak everything, down to the clickable smilies because they had white pixel "residue" from originally being on a white background. Just cleaning up a lot of the board's own graphics took me a while, it wasn't hard.

As for extra text boxes for the profile, I think you're probably better off asking that in the iB users message board on their site.

I agree on the volume of graphics... there were so many that needed editing/tweaking and complete replacing... and while creating them is a simple task and it doesn't take long, the sheer volume makes it more time consuming than it otherwise would be.

The IB support forum would be the best place to ask, as Lilith said. They have a lot of perl-savvy users there, so someone might be able to point you in the right direction with the profiles. I know it wasn't too hard to do with V2, but I haven't looked at it in V3 as they have added a lot of new info to the profiles that they didn't have before, and the current ones suit my needs as is.

Good luck!

Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Malbolge

In a completely unrelated way, I was scanning through the members and noticed how many people there were who have been around since February but haven't posted.

Darkness.

P.S. Top 5 posters: Lilith, blood_rose, Deviant, Numen, me!
*Well pleased with self*

Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:54 am
Avernus

In a completely unrelated way, I was scanning through the members and noticed how many people there were who have been around since February but haven't posted.

Darkness.

*Well pleased with self*

How long have you been around darkness? Because if im correct. I've made three whole posts in the past 5 or so minutes, so if I keep that up :p hmmm

3 posts per 5 minutes
12 sets of 5 minutes in an hour
24 hours in a day
365 days in a year
------------------------------------------
315360 posts per year multiplied by say 50 years of posting
--------------------------
15768000 before I die

Ok no problem :i watch out darkness :b

PS: You do know I was joking right? I don't think I could think of that many interesting things to say :P

Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Malbolge

You do realise that the last post in this topic was nearly two years ago right?

I would advise you not to do this to often! ??? I wonder how long till the zombie killers will get here?

Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:31 pm
Nessus

Darkness wrote:

Darkness.

*Well pleased with self*

How long have you been around darkness? Because if im correct. I've made three whole posts in the past 5 or so minutes, so if I keep that up :p hmmm

3 posts per 5 minutes
12 sets of 5 minutes in an hour
24 hours in a day
365 days in a year
------------------------------------------
315360 posts per year multiplied by say 50 years of posting
--------------------------
15768000 before I die

Ok no problem :i watch out darkness :b

PS: You do know I was joking right? I don't think I could think of that many interesting things to say :P

At the rate you're going you won't make it to 50.

Now let me make this perfectly clear, and I'll underscore it with a warning pip too, STOP FUCKING RESPONDING TO DEAD THREADS!

If a thread hasn't been posted to in a while, and the only thing you have to contribute is useless slush, then DON'T!

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)

Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Cania

Hey...lookie....the fuckflap did it again! He ressurected ANOTHER dead thread! Wow! Some one really IS this dumb!

You know what this means, buddy-boy...

*AoP takes a few practice swings with his shovel, then proceeds to b34t d0\/\/n the offending fucktard.*

On the other hand, Mr. Shit-fer-brains, you have proven to be an excellent therepeutic device. :)

I leave you again with the same words of advice...let sleeping threads lie, got it? :S

AoP

Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous.

Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Nessus

Good gravy! Not a lot of grey matter in that upturned bowl of a skull, eh?

Poor Rejected Raven . . . already living up to the name. ;)

"You see, to them you're just a freak . . . like me!" ~The Joker

Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:45 pm
Profile ICQ
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]