View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 10 posts ] 
 hosting a picture 
Stygia

I would like to post a picture on the "what do you picture everyone looking like" forum. However, the only pictures I have are saved on my computer. Since I really don't want to sign up for webspace for just using it one time, do you think any of you could host one picture for me?

Thanks

Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:51 am
Maladomini

Sure, I could. I could put it up on my page.

"You're the exact opposite of a normal human being."

Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Stygia

Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:29 am
Minauros

Location: Pennsylvania, USA, Green and blue sphereoid called "Earth"
does anyone know of any good, free sites that'll host pictures? if so, what would the picture limit be?

Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:18 pm
Profile YIM
Nessus

*Click here too*

*Yawn... And here*

Now, there is a magic function on this board RIGHT HERE that will help you get all your answers. If you can't find answer using that function or THIS one, THEN you can post here...

Just a friendly advice!

B)

Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:39 am
Nessus

FYI to anyone using Villagephotos.com to host images, if you haven't been there lately you might notice you're images are broken. Villagephotos.com is no longer allowing remote-linking for free users, which is why I'm using one of the loaded images until I get a chance to change that. *growl*

Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:37 pm
Malbolge

I just started usuing freepgs.com for hosting images, it seems preety good.

Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:37 pm
Malbolge

Right now, I am using Photobucket for my free image hosting.

I am afraid, however, that its only a matter of time before Photobucket and many other free image hosting sites will begin to charge. After they get a fair number of users, that is. Many image hosting services see this business practice as a new way to make a lot of money since the rise of ebay. I am beginning to be resigned to fact that I am going to have to pay someday for image hosting. Already some free web hosting sites have, by the most part, gone away.

Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:34 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Nessus

Right now, I am using Photobucket for my free image hosting.

I am afraid, however, that its only a matter of time before Photobucket and many other free image hosting sites will begin to charge. After they get a fair number of users, that is. Many image hosting services see this business practice as a new way to make a lot of money since the rise of ebay. I am beginning to be resigned to fact that I am going to have to pay someday for image hosting. Already some free web hosting sites have, by the most part, gone away.

It would probably be cheaper to actually get (domain) hosting for that, rather than pay for an image service. There are cheap domain hosts out there who'll do that for like $5/mo, which is probably around the same amount a lot of image hosting places charge.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Nessus

I use my domain to host alot of images and I pay only 1,5$/month for it (+ a minimum setup-fee). It's hosted by B-One.Net and is pretty basic but it works great... Check their site out if you want a domain for minimum dineros!

</promotion>

Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:29 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]