View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Darkwave 
Stygia

Post Re: Darkwave
Whoa, that's quite the list. ;D I've checked out some of those bands before and I'll make time to check out some of the others listed.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:38 pm
Stygia

I'm still cruising the goth music scene to see what I like and so far atrium animae is big with me, I just heard a clip of Steve roach and it seems good too. Anybody know any ethereal like bands I might like?

The veil concealed my eyes while all within lay quiet as the dead

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:40 pm
Dis

I admire your Venn Diagram-style list, centurion. It helps me to interject the following suggestion, because in that context, one might consider yelworC to be a circle which partially overlaps Darkwave.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:47 pm
Avernus

Try Amethystium. She's a great artist-my favorite songs are Ethereal and Strangely Beautiful. :lol:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 pm
Avernus

Oscar Herrera(sp?) was the singer on "Remnants Of A Deeper Purity" - he was the main male singer from the second BLACK TAPE album up until "As One Aflame Laid Bare By Desire". After this, Bret Helm from AUDRA took over until the latest album.

Sam Rosenthal did sing on pretty much all releases of BLACK TAPE, just in small sections and a couple songs. I actually really enjoy his vocal style, it is unique from traditional singing.

AUDRA sound quite a bite like "Some Girls Wander By Mistake" by SISTERS.

Some bands I haven't seen mentioned yet...

ALL MY FAITH LOST
DIE VERBANNTEN KINDER EVAS
FROLIC
TWELFTH OF NEVER
VIDNA OBMANA

I would recommend DVKE the most of those five I listed. The latest album "Dusk & Void Become Alive" is a very great listen...darkwave/neoclassical/ambient.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:03 am
Malbolge

Edit: actually, I'm mistaken, a lot of goth rock is colloquially termed as dark wave, I had mistaken the definition for something else. Sorry I'm REALLY tired...

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Nessus

Location: British Columbia, Canada (now) Osaka, Japan (previously)
Deadlove wrote:
Oscar Herrera(sp?) was the singer on "Remnants Of A Deeper Purity" - he was the main male singer from the second BLACK TAPE album up until "As One Aflame Laid Bare By Desire". After this, Bret Helm from AUDRA took over until the latest album.

Sam Rosenthal did sing on pretty much all releases of BLACK TAPE, just in small sections and a couple songs. I actually really enjoy his vocal style, it is unique from traditional singing.

AUDRA sound quite a bite like "Some Girls Wander By Mistake" by SISTERS.

Some bands I haven't seen mentioned yet...

ALL MY FAITH LOST
DIE VERBANNTEN KINDER EVAS
FROLIC
TWELFTH OF NEVER
VIDNA OBMANA

I would recommend DVKE the most of those five I listed. The latest album "Dusk & Void Become Alive" is a very great listen...darkwave/neoclassical/ambient.

DVKE have their definite moments.

Being a huge Summoning fan, however, I was a bit disappointed by Protector's vocal work :/

The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.

- Aleister Crowley

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minauros

Hexperos is a great band also. Those that are into Dead Can Dance, Atrium Animae, and DVKE will certainly enjoy the 2 full-length albums they put out.

Also, does anyone remember Loretta's Doll? I was just listening to Creeping Sideways the other night, and was thinking to myself just how underated and overlooked this gem was when it came out. A very weird and creepy album. It probably just borderlines the "darkwave" genre though.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:37 pm
Stygia

Wow, I haven't visited this thread in awhile. I'm listening to "Song of Solomon" from Loretta's Doll. It's pretty interesting. :)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:40 pm
Dis

What about THE precursor band for darkwave.......

This Mortal Coil. Kind of a proto-darkwave 'supergroup'
with members from all over the 4AD roster at the time
(80's), including Cindytalk, Cocteau Twins, DCD, etc.

And the lists are great......a lot of personal faves there.

I'll add two French acts: Artesia and Les Secrets de Morphee.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3