View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Artists that you wish you'd gotten into earlier 
Dis

Post Re: Artists that you wish you'd gotten into earlier
Just discovered:
http://www.die-music.de/
Really cool stuff! I'm not so much into Rammstain, but this rocks!

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:11 am
Profile WWW
Cania

The 69 Eyes. The admins on the World Goth Day FB page put their song "Gothic Girl" on their wall a few times, and I gave it a listen. It was interesting enough, so I checked out some more of their stuff.

Jryski 69, you're now on my list of "voices that I'd wanna hit if it was physically possible."

"The first rule of Goth Club is : You do not talk about Goth Club." - Milky

Remember, Arthur and Lancelot: bros before hoes!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:18 am
Maladomini

Joe Jackson. I'd heard a couple songs, the radio hits, prior, but a couple months ago, I heard something different on my Last.FM radio that really touched me, and I've been a fan since.

Goth name: Calhoun Dreamyr

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

I'd heard of The Cure years ago, but I never really started listening to them quite recently. I wish i'd listened to them a long time ago, though!

A band that I've only recently heard of (and listened to) is The Horrors. They have some pretty good songs. Most other bands that i listen to now are bands that i started listening to when i first heard their music, which would often come just before I found out what their name is. So I haven't really had the problem of hearing of a band then throwing them to the pit of "songs that i've heard of but never bothered to listen to until years later".

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:22 pm
Dis

There's any number of bands that I didn't really rate back in the '90s/early '00s which I wish I'd supported now.

For instance...
Just recently I finally got to hear Lorien [the Polish one, that is] when they were goth, back in the '90s.

Their first album kind of plays like a goth "drivetime" album - it rocks from start to finish, with most of the songs at a "cruising down the highway" sort of tempo. If you remember That Song (we'll call it "I Know" to save confusion), you'll know what to expect. All those musical devices that would normally be negative (like borrowed riffs and a predominance of songs in one particular key and tempo) are made positive by sheer strength of riffage, and those hard-edged sparring female/male vocals [an idea they should've explored further]

As such it superbly carries off the old familiar trick of playing like a "feelgood" album when (of course) it's lyrically the opposite - angry, depressed, with repeated visions of impending death, you know the score. (Most of the lyrics are in Polish, thank your god for the translator!)

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:36 am
Minauros

I wish I heard of Exitmusic earlier. The vocals are really beautiful, although their few selection of songs thus far sound the same. That's not a complaint, though. They've only released From Silence - EP, and Passage, a single. But on May 22nd (my birthday :D) their first album is coming out. I guess there isn't really an "earlier" to have gotten into this band, but still...

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

Hm, well, to name a few, I wise I had heard earlier of Marylin Manson, Black Veil Brides and, especially the Japanese rock band (which unfortunately is no more) Malice Mizer.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:23 am
Cania

These are some artist and bands that I had known about previous but am only now getting into because I couldn't find any of their music until I downloaded the recent version of a certain p2p server.

Louisa John-Krol is a lovely folk pop artist under the Prikosnovenie title. I think people who are into pagan folk know about her, since that's the main theme of her music. I like her albums Alabaster and Apple Pentacle.

Then there are some neoclassical acts, namely XVII° Vie, Opus Nigrum, and Les Secrets de Morphée. I like these neoclassical acts because there's this esotericism that I get from a lot of their tracks, kinda reminding me of a less serious The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath a Cloud act.

"The first rule of Goth Club is : You do not talk about Goth Club." - Milky

Remember, Arthur and Lancelot: bros before hoes!

Thu May 10, 2012 2:06 pm
Avernus

And Also The Trees.... I've been listening to them for about seven years, but I wish I'd heard their stuff before then when I was younger. They were the whole reason I got into the post punk genre. Acted as a segway, as that's what their music was at the time; starting off goth/post punk, then forming into a more eclectic style of genres.

Mon May 21, 2012 7:35 pm
Dis

I'll have to ditto everyone saying The Cure. But I wish I had gotten into music in general a lot earlier. It wasn't until college in 1995 that I had heard of "goth" and "industrial". Once I heard those words I knew there was something about them that spoke to me. I was a late bloomer that turned into a goth/industrial DJ, and now I can't get enough music!

Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

For me it has been The Birthday Massacre. For a long time I had heard of them, but I had never tried them out. Once I did I was overjoyed. I love them now :)

Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5