View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 weed, pot, MJ, toke, ect. talk here 
Stygia

Post weed, pot, MJ, toke, ect. talk here
Ok so I am a baby stoner so to say, I picked up smoking weed due to many health issues. I did not want to use Pills cuz they are addictive and bad for you long term.

So I have been smoking like 2 months every few days or so, went a few weeks with out smoking and started back.

I use an over sized bowl as both a bowl and bubbler as its a large peace.

so anything related to weed post here, why you smoke, do you think it should be legal, why or why not.

I want a vaporizer as that is one of the best ways to use weed, aside from cooking with it.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:41 pm
Manisha

Post Re: weed, pot, MJ, toke, ect. talk here
I, personally, do not think anyone should be posting that they do something illegal or how/how much and when, unless (s)he lives somewhere that allows it for recreational or medical purposes legally. If for no other reason than that the government can be watching and you can get yourself into trouble.

I am for legalizing it because it has many medical uses.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Nessus

Legalisation does not mean that it would be freely available though, which is an obvious point to make. See also: Morphine.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Manisha

Arquinsiel wrote:
Legalisation does not mean that it would be freely available though, which is an obvious point to make. See also: Morphine.

True point.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Maladomini

No smoking for me. I don't like the smell, makes me light headed, to be honest.

Plus, I also don't drink, so I'm an all around un-interesting guy, especially for my age :lol:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:21 pm
Administrator

I used to smoke marijuana, but it wasn't that big a deal to me, it was more a : I'm at a party, it's being passed around, ok I'll have some kind of thing, that was 12 years ago though.

Really, the only thing I can't get my head around is making a plant illegal, I mean, plenty of plants will kill you if ingested, but they're not illegal, because you can't get high off them? What kind of logic is that?
Marijuana is actually quite a useful plant, it has plenty of other uses other than getting people stoned, paper or rope for example are products that can be made from it.
I wonder if people for Marijuana being illegal, would like to see an entire species of plant become extinct, it just doesn't make sense to me, I don't understand it at all.

David Bowie - All the Madmen
lastfm

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Nessus

Tobacco companies. Pretty much it really.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Malbolge

I am definitely for legalizing it. Besides the countless medical benefits, (cannabis oil according to this video even helps to fight cancer, I recommend watching the video, very informative), weed is ultimately harmless. Nobody has ever directly died from smoking weed, and there are very few health risks from smoking it. If alcohol, a far more harmful substance, is legal, pot should be too.

Black Milk wrote:
I used to smoke marijuana, but it wasn't that big a deal to me, it was more a : I'm at a party, it's being passed around, ok I'll have some kind of thing, that was 12 years ago though.

Really, the only thing I can't get my head around is making a plant illegal, I mean, plenty of plants will kill you if ingested, but they're not illegal, because you can't get high off them? What kind of logic is that?
Marijuana is actually quite a useful plant, it has plenty of other uses other than getting people stoned, paper or rope for example are products that can be made from it.
I wonder if people for Marijuana being illegal, would like to see an entire species of plant become extinct, it just doesn't make sense to me, I don't understand it at all.

My friend and I were discussing this, and he read that a reason marijuana was made illegal was because hemp provided a natural and plentiful resource in the place of nylon, and manufacturers of synthetic textiles would've lost money. Thats one theory, theres also the old "government wouldn't be able to tax it" and a bunch more.

Last edited by Blood Raven on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minauros

Keep it illegal. Hell, they should ban cigarettes also. All that crap smells horrid, and is NOT good for your health, despite what you may read otherwise. Stay away from smoking/drugs/substances/alchohol. I always say let the masses embrace that stuff. Seriously, why would anyone want to develop an addiction to unhealthy habits? Not trying to offend anyone here. Just giving my honest opinions.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:43 pm
Administrator

Oh Midnite, I'm actually glad your pro keeping it illegal and posted, could you perhaps answer my questions in my post? No judgement, just genuinely curious.

David Bowie - All the Madmen
lastfm

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Malbolge

So in other words, because YOU don't approve of other people's habits, other people should be punished for doing something on their own accord? I don't know if things are different where you live hun, but here, nobody forces cigarettes into the mouthes of non-smokers, forces people to toke joints or pours alcohol down the throats of people who abhor drinking. It's simply small minded and petty to think that way, and people who do and have some amount of influence have now made it so I have to walk off campus between classes to have a cigarette, even though you have a larger chance of being struck by lightning then develop any health conditions from second hand smoke.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

If you are opposed to pot, then don't smoke it. What other people do with it is their business. Too bad the government has to make it their business, as well.

-- Nephele

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:23 pm
Nessus

Blood Raven wrote:
So in other words, because YOU don't approve of other people's habits, other people should be punished for doing something on their own accord? I don't know if things are different where you live hun, but here, nobody forces cigarettes into the mouthes of non-smokers, forces people to toke joints or pours alcohol down the throats of people who abhor drinking. It's simply small minded and petty to think that way, and people who do and have some amount of influence have now made it so I have to walk off campus between classes to have a cigarette, even though you have a larger chance of being struck by lightning then develop any health conditions from second hand smoke.
You live in a nice place.

I wish I were kidding.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Malbolge

It took me a while, but once I saw 'Dublin' in your location, I think I got the gist of it. :lol:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Stygia

I use pot cuz it alone has been the thing that has let me work again, after many surgeries I had been left weak and had no stamina for being able to work a job.

I could hardly work for an hour without needing a break for 30 mins or so.

I tried pot as a last ditch effort to help ease my day to day pain and such. it allowed me to start working again and avoid going on disability.

I tried going the legal rout and got the medical THC pills but they have little effect on me. It does take the edge off my pain which is good, but the real thing works like a charm.

they keep it illegal cuz the government has not figured out how to get their grubby hands into the cookie jar.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next