View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:31 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dreams and dream themes/interpretations? 
Dr. Strangeduck

Post Dreams and dream themes/interpretations?
What sorts of things/themes/etc. show up in your dreams? What do you make of them? Anything repeating?

For some reason, I often dream about traveling:
1) running to catch a flight on time
Variation: weird flying patterns - flying from Los Angeles to San Francisco but changing planes in Japan :shock:
2) worrying about checking out of a hotel on time (Yikes! I'm in the middle of town and have to get back to the hotel front desk by 11 am!)
3) traveling to a place that looks completely unfamiliar while my mind tells me it's (fill in name of place that I do know)

And then the story line abruptly changes and I'm doing something completely unrelated.

Another thing I've noticed - while I still occasionally have a dream in which I'm falling, I now land safely or catch myself instead of having the dream end there.

Starting a new life with Letalis Senium <3<3<3

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:35 am
Profile YIM
Manisha

Post Re: Dreams and dream themes/interpretations?
Oddly enough I always tend to dream about relationships. And my dreams often repeat themselves many times. I see it as my mind trying to tell me something that I can't heat when I'm awake. At least I feel that way sometimes. It really just depends on the dream. I need to keep a dream journal.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
GAF

Hey, that's quite an accomplishment to control your dreams enough that you catch your own fall!

Recurring themes or me would be:

Visiting people who live on separate continents.

People who live too far away to ever just 'pop' by showing up unexpectedly at my door or at college to give me pep talks.

Having pets, I really want to have a pet again. :(

I'm on the quest for immortality here people! Down with death!! ~ Carpi

In America, law violates you! ~ Arq

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:42 am
Profile YIM
Cania

I often get left behind or hurt or mentally tormented.

Puck the Paradisiacal is An Avid Fan of Added Alliterative Appeal.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:52 pm
Cocky Canard

Sometimes I have a 'daydream' kind of night time dream, if that makes sense. Other times my dreams are a jumbled mess of craziness, which I often don't remember, except that the impression that they were truly bizarre.

Jereth Magas, Gothsylvania Minister of Unnatural Resources.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

i often dream of flying, low enough to see details below, and in perfect control of everything. I also dream frequently of my family, the ones who are dead that is. i often wake up in tears because I don't want them to leave...in my dream I seem to know they wont be there when I wake up.

Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.    H. P. Lovecraft

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 pm
Administrator

I quite often dream of my dachshund, Lola, who's been gone for 13 years. Some of the dreams are so real that I can smell her while we play on the floor. I usually wake up from these dreams in tears, but happy to see her again. I really miss her.

"The Dead Travel Fast." ~ Bram Stoker, Dracula's Guest

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:27 am
GAF

LegendGirl wrote:
I quite often dream of my dachshund, Lola, who's been gone for 13 years. Some of the dreams are so real that I can smell her while we play on the floor. I usually wake up from these dreams in tears, but happy to see her again. I really miss her.

For the longest time I swear I could feel my kitty's warm from curling up in the crook of my legs all night, even years after he died. Hell, once in a while I still think I can hear his particular "reow". People that haven't raised animals think that they all sound the same, but they don't.

Sandy, I still dream of Grandma some nights. Sometimes she is talking to me about school and the classes I'm surrently attending. Sometimes I'm just hugging her. :cry:

I think it's normal for our subconscious to try to comfort us through dreams.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:45 am
Profile YIM
Dr. Strangeduck

((((HUGS)))) all around...

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:49 am
Profile YIM
GAF

harpy wrote:
((((HUGS)))) all around...

{{{Harpy}}}

^_^

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:52 am
Profile YIM
Post Strange/Interesting Dreams
What are some strange, interesting, and/or meaningful dreams you have had in which you would like to share?
I shall begin:
My brother, for a reason I am not sure of, had to take 'blood tablets' for medicinal purposes. When the last two went missing, my father accused me of eating them! :lol: But we subsequently found them, and all was good.
I know it is short, but I shall share more later.
EDIT: Whoops, sorry for starting a new one! I could not find this topic whilst searching...

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:12 am
Dr. Strangeduck

In dreams where there's been a party or banquet, I am anticipating the party but then the scene changes and I'm no longer there. So I don't get to eat anything. But a couple of days ago I had a dream in which I actually made it to the eating part! It was some kind of spiced cream pie. :D

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:24 am
Profile YIM
Maladomini

I'm dreaming of space. I own an intergalictcal trading company which is able to combine technologies of different species and makes profits which exceed the yearly output of terranian economy by far. Of course this company has different planets, but it's real advantage is, to deal with species which avoid each contact between each other, or even in war with each other. The main business partner is a gigantic civilisation of methan breating giants which live on thousands of planets in different galaxies. Morphological they have nothing to do with human beings, but it's interestimg for them to have a mediator between them and other species. They are one of the few big races which control the universe. They have a problem with another humanoid species, which is controlled by another mighty old race which is not human. Through it's connection to hundreds of different species and it's ability to combine their technologies my company got a high military potential, although it doesn't use it for other reasons than to shelter it's freighters, because any war would destroy connection and waste profits. So this old giant race wants my company to help them, but I'm not ready to make war against other humanoids. So we deal out a ceasefire, and I became aquainted wit some of them. I feel a little bit primitive, because they look like perfect human beeing, if the evolution of the human beeings would go on for millions of years. I felt in love with one of these perfect beeings and she accepted me. The only worry I have is to learn more about their morphology, because they might be total different inside. I'm afraid about different regenerative organs. One of my sorrows is, that the women might have vaginas with teeth or something like sharb knifes. (One or two days later I read a thread about an rape protection which is working like that. Funny isn't it?)

Die Stille herrscht am Grab und selbst die Eulen schweigen.
Ein Traum zerbricht ...

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

I usually dream of things that relate to this theme. There is a room that is really dark and shaped like a box. There is a moon I can se above but It shines no light into this realm. There is a hand made of light shining through and beckons me to grab it but whenever I reach out it disappears. It constantly repeats this. In the end I just curl up in a corner and close my eyes.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:11 pm
Stygia

When I was a little girl, I often had nightmares where I was being chased. I didn't know who or what it was, but it was going to get me.
And I would jump. It was the only way I could outrun it. It was these long, high jumps, kinda like the ones you sometimes see in computer games.

Another re-occuring thing is that friends and family will turn to ashes. There is no fire involved, and it only takes a second. Then the only thing that's left is a little pile of ashes. I remember a dream in which my dog died. I was holding her in my arms, and the next second, she was gone and I was trying to grasp all her remains before it was swept away by the wind. I have no idea what it means.

Sometimes I dream that I'm the only living person left. Everyone else has turn to zombies after a horrible outbreak of some sort of plague, and I'm just wandering around in what's left of the strange town all my dreams happen in. They never try to hurt me. They don't even notice that I'm still there. I'm not scared of them, but it's still very eerie. These dreams always end with me commiting suicide.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:48 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next