View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:42 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 What kind of comp do  you use? 
Malbolge

My lappy is a Dell Inspiron 1100 notebook with XP, purchased nearly 4 years ago when I started college. Rumor has it that I may be getting a new lappy for grad school and replacing the ancient one at home with this *crosses fingers*

Said ancient computer at my house is a Gateway desktop, with Win98. We still have dial-up also, and since there is often crackling on the line, we get tossed off every so often, sometimes every 5 minutes. We'd had bad experiences with Gateway almost from Day 1--fried motherboard, the computer refusing to recognize a printer, tech support that abandons you a couple weeks after you get it.

"Johnny Cash was the original goth"--on a t-shirt

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Maladomini

Been using a Dell Dimension DIM5100 PC for about a year and a half now, but I hope to get a MacBook Pro for my 18th birthday in September.

Exploding in your face ...'

KMFDM - Megalomaniac

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:01 am
Nessus

*GASP* DUDE your loaded. so much for being broke as fuck

Hehe,

Well, I ain't in no way wealthy, I just happened to spend about all money I had at the time on this computer. Same thing when I bought my previous compy. At the moment, I think I own about 7 or 8 different Macintosh computers from over the years. About 3 of them is still in use, the rest stored away (but fully "functional"). I've had various Windows-machines over the years also, but none that I have really liked or cared for at all.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:07 am
Malbolge

Currently, I am using a second generation Mac Mini as my main computer.

1.33 GHz PowerPC G4
512 MB DDR SDRAM

My Mac Mini continues to reject CDROM and CD's so I brought an external CD-RW burner by Memorex a few months ago.

About a week ago, I had to buy a external WD My Book hard drive because I ran out of hard disk space on my Mac Mini.

For five years prior to the Mac Mini, I only used Mandriva Linux on a computer that built myself. I still have it. I still love to used it with Mandriva 2007 from time to time. I don't use Windows at home.

800 MHz Duron
256 MB (memory)

I am planning on buying a used/reconditioned IBM laptop for DJ use only. Linux SUSE 10.3 will most likely be the OS of choice for my laptop. Windows will be completely erased from the laptop hard drive completely.

:D

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:07 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Stygia

My lappy is a Dell Inspiron 1100 notebook with XP, purchased nearly 4 years ago when I started college. Rumor has it that I may be getting a new lappy for grad school and replacing the ancient one at home with this *crosses fingers*

Said ancient computer at my house is a Gateway desktop, with Win98. We still have dial-up also, and since there is often crackling on the line, we get tossed off every so often, sometimes every 5 minutes. We'd had bad experiences with Gateway almost from Day 1--fried motherboard, the computer refusing to recognize a printer, tech support that abandons you a couple weeks after you get it.

And eMachines is same way. However I did not experiance a fried Motherboard, just a loose heatsink on the cpu and a trojan my bro got for it. #(

Also and I know this is off topic but, does anyone around here use eMachines or Hann-G or any other cheap LCD company? If so is there any shall we say, Ghosting?

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:56 am
Maladomini

Been using a Dell Dimension DIM5100 PC for about a year and a half now, but I hope to get a MacBook Pro for my 18th birthday in September.

As for the Ipod question, I have a fifth generation 60GB in white (I actually chose white over black :P ). I've had no problems with it since I bought it in August, the only flipside is that the screen scratches very, very easily - it isn't very durable despite it's relatively large size. I take impeccable care of it, I often place it in a protective cover with screen protector, yet I still have numerous scratches on the screen that really impair watching videos.

Not a major problem at all though, I find it much more reliable than the Creative Zen I used to own, which froze regularly and eventually just completely broke. It has a great storage capacity, can hold photos and videos, as well as contacts, notes and games, looks great and is easy to use. Perfect, and I can't think for my life why this specific model isn't being made anymore.

Exploding in your face ...'

KMFDM - Megalomaniac

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:49 am
Maladomini

Mines a custom built computer with gaming in mind. I didn't put it together myself. Its from a company called Cyber Power, kinda like alien ware but not overpriced.

20" widescreen monitor with 3ms responce time,
nividia 7900 gtx 512mb video card
AMD 3800 X2 processor that I overclocked
Asus A8N-Sli board

People who know little are usually great talkers
While men who know much say little.

-Jean Jacques Rousseau

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:57 am
Stygia

Personally, I have a 15" 1.83GHz Dual Core MacBook Pro with 1.5GB RAM, and a 3GHz Pentium 4, 1GB RAM desktop running Ubuntu Linux. I also have a 320GB external hard-drive and chipped Xbox.

I'm sharing a house with a programmer and a network admin, so we're setting up a central Linux server to network everything.

In the house we have 2 MacBook Pros, 1 MacBook, 2 PCs with Linux (including the server), 3 PCs on Win XP and 2 chipped Xboxes. There's only 4 of us living here....

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Avernus

Custom! i like custom PC's b/c i can paint them black

oh, it's a 1 GHZ P3
ATI Radeon 9250 128MB
1 GB ram
CD-RW
DVD-ROM
and.... ubuntu 7.04 with AWN and.... Beryl!
plus for some reason i have windows

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:05 am
Malbolge

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+

2GB PNY Verto DDR2 RAM.

BFG Tech 512MB Nvidia GeForce 6600OC (Upgrading to a
640MB 8800GTS as soon as it comes in the mail).

Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 Gamer Edition.

Asus A8M2N-LA motherboard.

And I don't have an iPod/MP3 player, but I do have a CD player that plays MP3 CD's! :D

Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:25 pm
Stygia

2048 Ram
Ati Radeon 1900 xtx graph card
Asus Motherboard
X-Fi Extreme Music
Intel Dual Core 2.66 Ghz
My laptop
geforce 7300 graph card
I forgot the speed and motherboard.
I think the memory is 2048 but could also be 1024 ram. I have to check that out.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:18 pm
Stygia

I got a new (to me) lappy. It's a iBook Clamshell, might I add I got three of those for free because of various problems no one wants to fix.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:13 am
Stygia

A Windows 98 by eMachines. It's not too bad. Yes, it's slow loading certain websites (like this one) and freezes alot, but I promised myself not to part with it until it crashes for good.

I have Optimum Online, so it runs semi-fast. I couldn't imagine it going any slower sometimes.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Stygia

Sailor.... here is a faster running browser for slow comp's
http://en.utilidades-utiles.com/download-opera-windows-98.php

My main comp is a iMac G5 1.9GHz running Mac OS X 10.4.10. My lappy if I ever get it working is a iBook Clamshell once blueberry but now black. The comp I am sometimes to either help my tech challenged family or just use because I want to is a PowerMac G4 dual 450MHz. :D

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:21 am
Phlegethos

1 gb ram.
AMD 64 3200+.
ATI Radeon X800 Pro.
19" flat panel 3:4 monitor.
160gb hard disk space.
Enormous "desktop" housing that makes it into a floortop.
Crummy cooling that forces a reboot while running games in the summer.
2.5 years old.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next