View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 my new gifts from roomate *smiles* 
Phlegethos

His new Foamy tshirt

my new Skirt

okay yea so hottoppic is the only real store around here... but that skirt was the last they had and i feel inlove with it and it actualy fits *sighs* which is surprising ... because i normally have to go to torrid .. but ive not been to one in a while so *shrugs* ... just thought i share my good fortune with everyone .. take it all with a grain of salt.. and brush it off your shoulder

Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Cania

Well I must say the're pretty damn good (I'm inexperienced with hot topic, so I still haven't figured out what all the abuse is about)

Look to your moistened orrifice in holy rememberence, in hungered bliss

Foccacia Martyr

Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Stygia

They seem like lovely things. The T-shirt is funny.
I love getting presents I actually like! It makes me put extra effort into other peoples pressies too.
I also don't know anything about Hot Topic. They don't have it over here (Australia), to my knowledge.

Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:51 am
Profile WWW
Cania

Nope no Hot Topic in Australia...I think the're sort of a Supre but "goth"

Foccacia Martyr

Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:09 am
Profile YIM WWW
Stygia

OMG i am in love with that skirt, it would be soooooooo cute with a corset. I want it but shipping over here is alot more than it actually would cost them *cries*

Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Cania

Okay, I have 2 questions about Hot Topic simply because we don't have it in Canada:
1)Why is Hot Topic so hated and known among goths in other countries?
2)How wide spread is it?

From what I hear, it sounds like a swarm or a disease more than anything else, but as SerenityRoseKnight just showed us, they do sell good things. Is everything there cheap in quality or just expensive?

Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:54 am
Avernus

Hot Topic is a terrible store, mainly because it makes people think that if they dress a certain way, then it makes them something. If someone buys a black shirt and a black pants from Hot Topic, they're all like "OMFG I'M SOOOO GOTHIC LIKE WOAH IS ME"

Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:12 pm
Cania

Ahh, I thought it may have been something like that...though some of their clothing does look alright

Foccacia Martyr

Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Phlegethos

yea something like that .. but i normally cant fit into there clothes .. so ive been to Torrid .. the pluss sized version of it .. got some kewl offits.. black with rose prints and a over coat that matches..

my roomie gets a few things from there .. but .. he usuallly modifies it to match his own needs... ie takes sleeves off .. slashes in the back of shirts.. and slashes in the top thigh of his jeans *melts* .. er umm .. yea

Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:39 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Avernus

i really like the shirts. they're hilarious

Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:54 pm
Cania

Looks like you got some good stuff; I love that skirt. Who cares where it came from as long as you like it.

Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:07 pm
Phlegethos

You've sort of got a point there. As long as you like it, it doesn't matter where it is from. But I don't like to buy things that are made as a "line" of clothing. But funny shirts are just good.

But you're so blind you still don't even know

Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:02 pm
Nessus

Okay, I have 2 questions about Hot Topic simply because we don't have it in Canada:
1)Why is Hot Topic so hated and known among goths in other countries?
2)How wide spread is it?

From what I hear, it sounds like a swarm or a disease more than anything else, but as SerenityRoseKnight just showed us, they do sell good things. Is everything there cheap in quality or just expensive?

The answers to your questions have actually been answered a huge number of times on these forums. It's the reason why bringing up the topic at all is much cause for teeth gnashing amid many members. Not because of the store itself, but because it comes up so damn much. Essentially, some people resent the idea that what was once obscure (certain fashions) and hard to come by is now accessable by everyone. Kind of like when your favourite underground band suddenly has a video on TRL.

If you'd like a hint of what their store is like, just take a look at their website.

Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:27 pm
Cania

Does anyone know if they'll deliver to the UK? Or if any site selling Foamy tshirts (or anything really) will deliver to here. I haven't found any UK sites yet that sell anything from Neurotically Yours and my sister has gone mad on Foamy so it'd be cool if I could get hold of something for her for christmas (thinking ahead) - it's either that or a Mary Kate and Ashley film and frankly I'd rather not encourage her to watch those sugar coated plotless films. X)

- Oscar Wilde

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:40 am
Cania

Does anyone know if they'll deliver to the UK? Or if any site selling Foamy tshirts (or anything really) will deliver to here. I haven't found any UK sites yet that sell anything from Neurotically Yours and my sister has gone mad on Foamy so it'd be cool if I could get hold of something for her for christmas (thinking ahead) - it's either that or a Mary Kate and Ashley film and frankly I'd rather not encourage her to watch those sugar coated plotless films. X)

Yeah i was wondering if they would deliver to the UK. i love that skirt, some of the things seems ok, the foamy t-shirts are pretty cool. its really hard to find anything decent in the UK sometimes.
And dont buy her a Mary-kate and Ashley film.....i think a foamy t-shirt sounds a much better idea!

Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:01 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next