View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Recent Goodwill buys - I love that place 
Malbolge

I was blind before I discovered the endless joys of thrift stores.. I barely shop anywhere else for decent clothing. Only problem is that sometimes if you're talking black material they can often be faded or fade easily afterward, but usually they're so cheap that you'll have some cash left over to buy some rayon black no.1 dye to solve that problem anyway. It's a win/win situation!

Therefore, stubborn people are disciples of death, but
Flexible people are disciples of life.

-Lao Tzu

Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:18 am
Profile WWW
Phlegethos

I love Goodwill and Salvation Army! My recent great finds were a cute black peasant top, brand new pleather pants, and my husband found lots of pants and shorts...it all came to $15. I love thrift stores so much!

Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Nessus

So a recent shop procured two pair of trousers for me that were actually in my size. They were both plaid and flared at the ankle. I've since chopped them into some snug, low-rise capris because I don't wear shorts. More punk than goth, but very cute.

Edited By Lunamoth on 1088440151

Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:28 am
Stygia

My husband is a particular fan of thrift stores (looks for objects), he drags me with him whenever he gets the chance. More often than not, I am the beneficiary of the outing.

It does strike me as ironic that I have donated 6 bags of clothing and 3 bags of shoes to "Goodwill" specificly, in the last year, and buying as well.

What I am happy about is finding a full-length black silk Chinese dress with red cherry blossom pattern, for $6 ! No runs or snags, the side slits have a little fraying which is easily repaired with a serger and the replacement of the edging.

Good luck with your thrift hunt ! :)

Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:29 am
Stygia

To paraphrase a friend of mine, thrift stores have been kind to my wardrobe. I've stumbled upon loads of beautiful velvet items, including a burgundy crushed velvet dress for $5. My black broomstick skirt (brand-new, only $7) is one of my best finds. Recently, I purchased two corset tops at Goodwill and a multitude of skirts at The Salvation Army for a total of less than $20. Thrift store clothes-hunting is addictive.

Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Phlegethos

I definetly love thrift stores as well, would be silly to pass on all the goodies :) . I recently bought a black slip in black mesh and a black mesh top, I always end up buying mesh and lacey things, must have a ton by now.

In humans, exposure to large amounts of naphthalene may damage or destroy red blood cells. This could cause the body to have too few red blood cells until it replaces the destroyed cells. Humans, particularly children, have developed this condition after ingesting mothballs or deodorant blocks containing naphthalene. Some of the symptoms of this condition are fatigue, lack of appetite, restlessness, and pale skin.

Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:37 am
Minauros

I've been reading this stuff and do they only have cool stuff for women or men too? I went to Savers and bought some of their Halloween stuff for costumes for cheap and added it to my normal clothes, so I guess thrift stores do help a lot. :D

Edited By sevenoneathree on 1095655109

Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:37 pm
Stygia

Do they sell any boy's/men's goth clothes at Goodwill havn't been there since I was about 5.

Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:26 am
Profile YIM
Cania

Do they sell any boy's/men's goth clothes at Goodwill havn't been there since I was about 5.

Goodwill, the Salvation Army, etc. have whatever gets donated. Unless you live in an area where the male to female ratio is way screwy, then chances are you can find some decent men's clothes.

Personally, I like to do my shopping at consignment shops. The prices are slightly higher, but so is the quality of the clothes (in most cases).

Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:31 pm
Dis

I went one weekend and found a beautiful skirt (Wearing it now). Well, it's one long piece of a see-through material on the outside and underneath it there is a black material. I sewed the solid black material up to my knees and now the long piece comes to my ankles and the black, to my knees. I love this skirt lol.

-xXx- Scarlette -xXx-

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:40 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2