View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 just a little curious 
Dis

I am also one of the legions of people who "would like to own" I think Ive had the urge to own one since the first time i stood at the shop window of the weapons shop in Brighton and looking at the vast collections of period armourments everything from genuine maces to Napoleonic cutlasses all the way yup to the 20th centuary second world war weapons. I think then I realised how much i actually wanted to own something like that for myself

sadly as a poor student i cant right now afford the real thing something with history and sustance. So I will probably buy myself a cheap replica katana to satisfy my urge for something sharp and pointy untill i can afford something truly historic!

Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minauros

i own 2 maschettis or however it is spelt. theyre beautiful - perhaps a tad worn but at least they have history...admittedly probably a very gory history, but that just makes for interesting stories, doesnt it...
but my real lifelong dream is to have a silver broadsword made for me, with carvings on it of important events in my life or characteristics of me - my star sign etc. my lifes story engraved for centuries on it. plus it'd look great set into my tomb.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Stygia

I have this sword: http://www.blades-uk.com/view_items.php?cat_id=13&start=10 (It's the one at the bottom)

And this is the sword I will be buying soon: http://www.blades-uk.com/view_items.php?cat_id=73&start=20 (the one at the bottom, again)

For anyone buying a sword in the UK, I would highly recomend this site: www.blades-uk.co.uk

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Maladomini

I own two daggers, a "kriskapuria" (or something, it's a curved and barbed dagger) which is about as sharp as a dull pencil, and another one which is lovingly nicknamed "The Breadknife". Why? Because when I just bought it in Spain, one morning all the knives were filthy and no one felt like doing the dishes. Instead, we just cleaned my dagger and cut our bread with it. :P

I've been dreaming of an actual sword for years now... but I think my mother would stab it right through my ribcase if I ever came home with one. :(

Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Phlegethos

I agree with Captain Nnavarre, the starfire swords are probably your best bet for usable weapons. However they are a bit expensive, and not overly elegant for hanging over your bed as an ornament. Try Bud K they are a major supplier to a lot of sword stores and you can find really cheap prices on showy swords(aka pieces of shit). I have a wide collection of both usable and showable (although only 2 that are usable and showable) blades, from kamas to broadswords. Personally for hanging on the wall weapons, axes look the best.

Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dis

My family owns quite a few swords. We have a "wall of doom" in the basement, which is 3 huge panels of wood mounted with various knives, daggers, swords, sais, and who knows what else. A lot of them are cheapos from scratch-n-dent sales, but some of them are pretty nice. I also own Arwen's sword Hadhafang from LOTR (which my boyfriend got me last xmas) and my brother owns a replica of Blade's sword, complete with back strap. I briefly tried to make my own knives, but discovered it's hard to do with just a jigsaw and some pieces of steel. I'm now saving for a portable forge.

But anyway, also try looking in places you might not think twice about, like flea markets.

Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:25 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3