View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 7 posts ] 
 Manequin Heads - Where does one go about buying one? 
Minauros

No luck on ebay so far... I need a manequin head (am I even spelling it right?) as a mask form. I've been using an old pair of glasses to get the eye spacing and a false nose to get the right shape, but my masks still aren't turning out right. (I wonder why? *sarcastic*) I haven't had much luck with net searching either.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:40 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Nessus

I did a search on E-bay for "mannequin head" and came up with 241 items. Also try search for wig display heads/busts.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:35 pm
Profile YIM
Minauros

okay, so i'm really new to ebay... thanks

Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:17 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Avernus

I never 'bought' a dummy head before. HEHEH, that was a good laugh me and few people had. People were so scared of our gothness that they didn't care that we took the head. Then we left it naked. Oh man, totally got back at society doing that!

Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:33 pm
Nessus

I never 'bought' a dummy head before. HEHEH, that was a good laugh me and few people had. People were so scared of our gothness that they didn't care that we took the head. Then we left it naked. Oh man, totally got back at society doing that!

Yes. I am in awe of your gothy coolness. </sarcasm>

Thanks for helping give the subculture a bad name. Now, go read the Board Rules & Etiquette thread, and try to keep on topic, 'kay?

Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:49 am
Profile YIM
Malbolge

As far as I know most hairdressing and beauty academies sell them fairly cheaply. If they make sales exclusive to students only then it couldn't hurt to ask where they order them from.

Therefore, stubborn people are disciples of death, but
Flexible people are disciples of life.

-Lao Tzu

Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Maladomini

Have you tried walking into a local shop and asking for one? They might not have any ones available but they should be able to tell you how to get your hands on one and if that doesn't work because say, for example, they only buy their mannequins en masse then they might be able to promise to give/sell you one once they're done with the mannequins.

Don't forget to post any succesful creations you make in 'Fashion&Crafts". Good luck.

Numen - likes a direct route

Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:55 am
Profile ICQ
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]