View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 9 posts ] 
 Shopping in LA - Any good stores besides Hot Topic? 
Malbolge

Ok, I am going to LA for Christmas, and I would like to know if there are any good placed to go to get good Goth stuff. Hot topic is exempt, because I hate the shit out of it and Spencer Gifts is getting weird. So, does anyone have any suggestions?

Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:46 am
Nessus

Go to Melrose Ave in Hollywood between Highland and Fairfax. The entire street is lined with alternative shops.

~blood rose~

pink versus black - black versus magenta
this picture of you - just melts in my agenda

Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Malbolge

Strange. I've heard that it's like yuppie-ville on Melrose. . . .

Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:51 pm
Dis

Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:56 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Nessus

You'd have to ask Nachty where it it, but Shrine of Hollywood is in the same general area that Blood_Rose mentioned (I think). Lots of really nice, albeit expensive, stuff. I went nutso in there.

~spider

Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:02 pm
Malbolge

That sounds very nice, but I need cheap stuff. Since I'm not staying in a hotel, I don't need to pay for anything. I don't expect to have more than 140$ in my pocket when I get there, so I would like to know the locations of some good cheap stores, please.

PS: Sorry if I sounded a bit snobbish, but I've had a hard day.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:07 pm
Nessus

That sounds very nice, but I need cheap stuff. Since I'm not staying in a hotel, I don't need to pay for anything. I don't expect to have more than 140$ in my pocket when I get there, so I would like to know the locations of some good cheap stores, please.

If you want cheap stuff, try scouring thrift stores.

Seriously, you're asking for cheap clothing in LA? That's not exactly going to be all that feasible. Plus most goth stuff is just not cheap, mostly because it's not manufactured by underpaid children in Asia, and mass-produced for a gazillion stores, like Old Navy.

Shrine does have a (50% - or it was when we were there) sales rack, where PreZ and I both scored some nice stuff at a very nice discount.

I wouldn't expect $140 to go too far, unless you hit up a Goodwill really.

Goodwill can be hit or miss, but you can find good stuff when digging through the racks. I found a pair of almost new stiletto pumps with a buckle and steel heel for $6, a purple satin wrap skirt for $3 or so, and PreZ found a nice clubbing shirt for a few bucks as well.

$140 might net you several things from Shrine's sales rack, but still, I wouldn't expect to walk away from any store with loads of clothing.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Nessus

Um, $140? How long are you going to be in LA?

Also, I hope you've budgetted out food, transportation, etc. because those things can get very pricey in Los Angeles.

~blood rose~

pink versus black - black versus magenta
this picture of you - just melts in my agenda

Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Malbolge

Like I said, I'm not staying in a hotel or anything, I'm staying with relatives for Christmas, so I don't need to pay for anything like food or transportation, and I can always get more money out of my bank account, but I would prefer not to. Also, I am not looking for clothes; I have plenty of those already. I'm just looking for jewelry, like rings and necklaces and things like that.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:16 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]