View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Another online store 
Nessus

I going to buy most of jewerly from the online stores in the UK from now on. It might be very expensive in the long run but at least I will get my item (I hope). Anyone can make a goth online store (with just a little effort) and take your money. Research is necessary.

Considering that the In Black Dress place's jewelry seems to mostly consist of Alchemy Gothic items, you might as well go straight to the source. They also have a links directory which has some other US retailers listed.

For the US, there's also the alternative of http://www.amphigory.com/ which is a store with a very good reputation over on the alt.gothic.* newsgroups.

/div wrote:
Here is a quote I have received for the "Sword of Destiny" pendant - Ref.1164*** for which I was interested in while observing jewerly items at the "In Black Dress" site:

"Products marked with *** don't exist in desired quantity in our stock.
You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process."

Quote:
That statement appears to be confusing. Its either you have enough items is stock or not. Or they should give you the number of items they have on hand (real time) before you buy.

True enough, though going through checkout doesn't mean you've necessarily bought the item yet, you can usually still cancel a transaction. But they should let you know before hand how much is availible.

I think one reason that places often don't have much stock on expensive items is because expensive items don't get sold very often. The last thing you need is to have hundreds of dollars of merchandise that you can't shift very fast. And I get the impression you're trying to order multiple of an expensive item? it's possible that they may only have one or two on hand, not counting on there being many people needing something like that, and thinking that they'll be left with enough time to replenish stock if one does get sold.

/div wrote:
I believe also that it is best to not pay a extra fee for credit card purchases at goth stores (or any other stores for that matter). I learned the hard way and lost money. The fact of the matter is that the store owner gets a lot of credit card charge backs because they can not deliver the items (especially jewerly) in a timely fashion. Therefore, the charge backs. In the bigger sense the store owner wants you to help cover those past charge back expenses for him. Its unreal.

Is this a complaint specifically in regards to the In Black Dress site? or some other random complaint/site?

Definitely reeks of dodgy business practises. If you can't deliver items in a timely manner you definitely should not be penalising your other customers for your own mistakes. And telling people how long it will take for an item to be in stock, either at time of purchase or if you let them know it's out of stock might help too. People are much less likely to do chargebacks if they know what's going on with their stuff. Or they need to be warned in advance that it's going to be a long wait, so they can immediately take their money elsewhere.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Stygia

The part that bothers me the most is that they just don't have any Shipping info at all listed. You have no idea where they're based, and what kind of shipping options and charges there are.

Yeah it bothers me as well. I bought there some nice cheap earings and pay it when it arrives to my house, just to see how they are in that matter.

I'll let a word later.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2