View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:49 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 14 posts ] 
 Shopping in London 
Stygia

Can you please recommend some places to go shopping for goth clothing in London? do you have some stores to recommend?

Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:01 pm
Nessus

Can you please recommend some places to go shopping for goth clothing in London? do you have some stores to recommend?

The Black Rose is a goth staple, and they have a webpresence as well.

I believe Camden Markets, which are close by (if I remember correctly) also often get recommended.

Lilith

SarChasm  (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

camden market!! go to camden you will love it! i go there almost every week and i still love it

Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Malbolge

Camden Market is indeed fabulous. Just watch out for the trustafarians. If you're going in on the Underground, it's a couple of minutes walk along the high road from Camden Town station.

Also along the same street (within view of the market, if my memory serves correctly) is a nice music shop, far and away the best-stocked for goth/industrial/metal that I've ever visited. Resurrection Records, you can't miss it.

If you happen to be around in the evening, the Barfly (situated in what used to be The Monarch) is a good place to go for music - perhaps a bit NME at times, but generally something for everyone. The bar staff are nice, and you'd struggle to find a better intimate venue. They always have gig listings posted up in the window, or at barflyclub.com.

A little off topic, but I hope that's of some use to you.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

yup barfly is very good, so is the electric ball room. have you been to cyber dog lostriots? its crazy in there! but its good!

Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:50 am
Profile WWW
Malbolge

I can't say I've had the pleasure... but then I don't actually live in London, so I only get down there a couple of times a year.

I'll try to check it out next time I'm down that way. ;)

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Maladomini

I know I'm probably irating the mods by resurrecting a zombie thread, but I really need to know some things.

You see, in about a week (23th to 28th March) I'm going on a school trip to London, and we get one free afternoon to spend there. Mine will be consisting of a visit to the London Dungeon, and shopping.

And that is where the questions rise, as I've never been to London and I've heard it's a quite expensive place. I have £50 to spend. What is the average price range of clothes like short skirts and stripey socks, and where can I find them? Where can I find smaller stuff (like jewellery, little sculptures, etc) and what would that cost? Are the interesting shops in or very close to "normal" shopping streets, or is London like Antwerp and do you need to x-ray the whole city in order to find two or three small shops in a backstreet? Thanks in advance!

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Stygia

Like many have said before, Camden Market is the easiest place to go. It's on the Northern Line Tube, at the station Camden Town. When you come out the station, turn right and keep walking, stopping at any shops you like the look of. Also, ask about the Stable markets (Black Rose is found here). Here is a very rough map to and around the Markets (namely to Black Rose).

However, it is rather expensive. I've heard Portabello market at Ladbroke Grove Tube Station on the Hammersmith and City Line is quite cheap, but that was about 5 years ago, so don't take my word for it.

Hope this has helped

- skimp

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:51 am
Minauros

I heard there was a record store in camden somewhere, I think it's called Resurrection Records or something. Does anyone know what it's like? I havn't been to Camden before, can anyone recommend any shops (preferably ones that aren't really expensive as I don't have that much money right now).

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:44 am
Phlegethos

Hey, thanks for this info ;) I am going to Uni in London in September (a long way from Norway, I know...) and will most likely either be attending University of East London or King's College London. Camden Market is one of the places I've had my eye on since I fell across it three years ago...unfortunately, broke and with little time.... ??? But hey! I can try this year!

And the clouds perish'd; Darkness had no need
Of air from them --- She was the Universe." - Darkness, by Lord Byron

Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Avernus

I'm going to London soon, I can't wait! I wonder, do they have good Thrift stores? I like to make my own clothes, you see.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:30 am
Malbolge

I was in Camden today. Try The Electric Ballroom, Darkside, The Markets, (there are a few,) Cyberdog (if you're cybergoth) and, of course..... The Black Rose.

Apologies for the crappy username, when I joined the board I was an unimaginative 13-year-old.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Cania

I heard there was a record store in camden somewhere, I think it's called Resurrection Records or something. Does anyone know what it's like? I havn't been to Camden before, can anyone recommend any shops (preferably ones that aren't really expensive as I don't have that much money right now).

Ressurection Records is one of the best recordstores I've ever been to. Huge selection in used vinyl. Pretty cheap, and good quality. They didn't have that many cds though... (I hope I am talking about the correct recordstore now :p)

However I do not know the exact adress. Can anyone help?

Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:10 am
Minauros

I went to Camden yesterday and had a great time. I got a pair of New Rock boots! I did make it to Resurection Records, I bought some CDs: Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly and KMFDM. Thank you RiffRaff! I spent all my money but I want to save up some more and go back because I saw a lovely corset and a great pair of PVC trousers. Also, there was this great full-length leather coat which was quite cheap, I've seen some round where I live for double the price. :D

Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:13 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]