View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 8 posts ] 
 Squeaky boots - anybody know the cure? 
Cania

So I am the proud owner of a pair of solid steeltoed workboots. They're comfy as hell, and I think they look cool, but there is a fly in the ointment. recently, they have developed a squeak. And I'm not talking a little whispery squeak, this is the cry of mouse-banshee. It's driving me bananas! Moreover, I look like an idiot, and am loosing my ability to sneak up on people. Does anyody know of a way to make this stop?

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Nessus

Have you tried a bit of shoe leather oil? Sounds like the colder weather is drying them out, causing the squeak. My 20-hole DMs do this too in winter. Also, make sure you aren't lacing them too tight. Your ankle should have a full range of motion (or as full as possible for being in boots).

Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:20 pm
Cania

the leather oil's a good idea, but the squeak is coming from the sole. An important fact which, in hindsight, I forgot to mention

Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Nessus

Ah. Well, that is different. Perhaps the glue that holds it together inside somewhere has come free? I'm afraid that's a job for a shoe repair person. :(

Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:42 pm
Cania

Bugger. The only guy in town who does that is the guy I bought my boots from....and my wallet...and my bookbag. He does GRAND work, but I keep giving him my money.

Ah, well. I was going that way tommorow anyhow.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Maladomini

I have the same problem with many of my older boots. Squeaky soles... I hate walking down a long hallway and hearing it: "Step... Squeeeeeak!... Step... Squeeeeak!..." Grrrr. X) Quite often my soles of my boots begin to become unglued, perhaps that's the cause...? I never really thought about it. Well, if you find a miracle cure, let us all know.

"He who fights monsters should look into that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

"The thing of it is, we must live with the living." ~Montaigne

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:26 am
Profile WWW
Malbolge

Hmm, I've experianced a similar problem with my issue combat assault boots... but I just put up with it and they promptly fell apart. Get them sorted right away thats all I can say!

Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:28 am
Cania

Hmm, I've experianced a similar problem with my issue combat assault boots... but I just put up with it and they promptly fell apart. Get them sorted right away thats all I can say!

How very WW1 of them.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:51 am
Profile YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]