View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Resurrecting Abandoned Hobbies 
Maladomini

Post Re: Resurrecting Abandoned Hobbies
Wolfmammy wrote:
Yep! Those were *my* brownies! :mrgreen: that pan is getting regular use around our house, too. I already made another batch of brownies and Hubz made some mixed berry muffins. Later next week we're gonna make some skull cornbread muffins with red beans & rice(eval red beans and rice!!! \m/). We love that pan.

That's awesome. I have no pans or moulds, so I had to form sugar skulls by hand. I can't be arsed now, until further notice.

Aww, hell with it. I've already posted all my projects elsewhere, but I'm going to put a few oldies here since we're talking abandoned hobbies. And since I'm an attention whore. (These are from a year ago. I will be putting em in any food threads and the comprehensive DIY thread too, since that's what I was saving them for. You have been warned)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 8563_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 8563_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 3684_n.jpg

The sugar skulls I made, on the cake I made - ignore the cracked icing.The cobweb is white chocolate piped from a snipped plastic bag.

Wing Commander Batty of the Gothsylvanian Air Force

I need a check up from the neck up, I'm Batty!

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:36 am
GAF

That is an awesome cake, Batty!!!

I'm on the quest for immortality here people! Down with death!! ~ Carpi

In America, law violates you! ~ Arq

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:35 am
Profile YIM
Dis

spiderlimbs wrote:
As does looking at any of my dusty instruments, particularly my cello which needs repair and hasn't been played in nearly 2 years.

I really need to get back into playing my flute, poor thing has been gathering dust since June. :( I also have a skirt that I need to finish, and I have to start on my friends' Christmas presents. I'm just so lazy!

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:19 am
I was just starting to get some recording done when my partner fell ill... So my revived hobby is back on the back-burner...

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:49 am
Phlegethos

I try hard to keep up with my hobbies, although it gives me little actual free time.

I try to practice piano and cello for an hour each every day. Sometimes that occurs at the expense of doing homework immediately, but I always finish my homework eventually.

Writing is easy to keep up with. However, before I started college I would do a novel every National Novel Writing Month, which I do not have time for now. Because of school and work I am mostly restricted to the less time-consuming venture of poetry.

I also try to sew something every once in a while so I can add a new piece to my wardrobe. One thing I have not been able to finish is the bat quilt I started over the summer. I'm hoping to wrap that up this Christmas break.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:14 am
Malbolge

Oh lordie quilts and deadlines...I have a penguin quilt and this pink elephant quilt I have to have finished (as in, pieced and sewed as well as quilted) by Christmas. Most of my hobbies have been put on standby for now. XD I want pics of the bat quilt. :P

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:12 pm
Nessus

As per popular demand I will post my latest jewelry creations:

Necklaces

I have made 4 thus far and I think they are coming out better than any I have done previously. Hopefully I can keep it up!

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:16 pm
Administrator

spiderlimbs wrote:

Necklaces

I have made 4 thus far and I think they are coming out better than any I have done previously. Hopefully I can keep it up!

I especially like the black glass and pewter one! I'd like to get my mom interested in doing something like that, but her hands shake a lot. Do you need steady hands for stringing the beadwork? I can see it takes an eye for design, too. Are these your own designs, Spidey?

-- Nephele

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:17 pm
Maladomini

spiderlimbs wrote:

Necklaces

Love 'em! My fave is the white one. Etsy?

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Phlegethos

laughingcrow wrote:
Oh lordie quilts and deadlines...I have a penguin quilt and this pink elephant quilt I have to have finished (as in, pieced and sewed as well as quilted) by Christmas. Most of my hobbies have been put on standby for now. XD I want pics of the bat quilt. :P

Wow! I wish you the best of luck in finishing that.

As for my bat quilt, I'm doing it entirely by hand so it may be a while before pictures are available. :)

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:36 am
Phlegethos

I feel a little better about all my own abandoned hobbies, having read this thread!
I used to be learning to play the bagpipes. I hadn't got off my chanter yet, which is a sort of recorder shaped thing which you use to learn the fingering, but i was pretty close. Then i started high school and the 20min trips to lessons just became too hard for all of us, and it fell by the wayside and i had to give my chanter back to my Uncle when he next came down from Darwin. :( no more chanter. I still miss it, even if my friends said it sounded like i was strangling a duck.
Anyway, as soon as i get settled into uni, or perhaps during my gap year, i plan to buy my own chanter and get back on the ol' horse! :wink: I cant wait! Until then i will satisfy myself with choir. :D

^._.^

This is my little bat, she follows me around.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:02 am
Nessus

@Neph - yes, they are all mu designs and you really do need steady hands to do them. A lot of the beads are really really tiny and even I have a hard time stringing them. My hands get all cramped if I do it for too long as well, but I think it's worth it.

@Merewena - what a great idea! Once I get a good lot of them done I may just get them on Etsy!

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:52 am
GAF

PoisonGoldfish wrote:
laughingcrow wrote:

Wow! I wish you the best of luck in finishing that.

As for my bat quilt, I'm doing it entirely by hand so it may be a while before pictures are available. :)

By hand? You must have a ton of patience! :shock: I made my husband buy me a sewing machinee so that my doll clothes and my own wardrobe wouldn't take so long. :lol: I r impatient.

Spidey those necklaces are cool! I like the big shiny black pendant on the first one.

Terscha, I like the way bagpipes sound(hubz hates them, though). It's a shame you had to give them up.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:35 pm
Profile YIM
Nessus

Wolfmammy wrote:
Spidey those necklaces are cool! I like the big shiny black pendant on the first one.

It's a strange brown/black veined stone. I WISH I had one in all black. Maybe next time I get out to the bead store I'll see if they have anything black and make an all black version of the same one for my homies here. :)

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:56 pm
GAF

spiderlimbs wrote:
Wolfmammy wrote:

It's a strange brown/black veined stone. I WISH I had one in all black. Maybe next time I get out to the bead store I'll see if they have anything black and make an all black version of the same one for my homies here. :)

Awesome! ^_^

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:12 pm
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next