View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Best Gothic Clothing Store Online? 
Cania

Post Re: Best Gothic Clothing Store Online?
I've been looking at stuff at pyramidcollection.com. Some cool stuff there. I sooooo want this:

http://www.pyramidcollection.com/itemdy ... No=2&pos=3

I also totally love this dress:

http://www.pyramidcollection.com/itemdy ... No=3&pos=9

The stuff isn't cheap. I keep saying maybe....

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 pm
Nessus

The thing with Pyramid Collection is, apart from their "exclusives" a lot of the stuff you can find elsewhere, cheaper. Like, their Witchy Shoes for example, I found for half the price on Amazon. Of course not all of it can be found for less, but if there's something in the catalog that strikes my fancy, the first thing I do is look around for a better price on the same object. :)

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:17 pm
Cania

I was introduced to the Pyramid Collection back in high school, and I do like some of the products that they carry. But like Luna said, you can some of their more pricey products someplace else for cheaper. I got my sunglasses from there (the purple vamp glasses), and I've been eyeing this pair of boots from there.

Admittedly, I use some of these shops's catologues as a "future to sew" list. I did that with a dress I saw on Gallery Serpentine. >_>

"The first rule of Goth Club is : You do not talk about Goth Club." - Milky

Remember, Arthur and Lancelot: bros before hoes!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:08 pm
Malbolge

A friend of mine introduced me to Pyramid (he's an old school Goth who was convinced I'd make a great steampunk; he's always giving me tips and pointers). I find they are extreeeemly pricey on most things for my taste, but I did get a beautiful goddess pendant from them that was worth what I pay.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:53 pm
Minauros

Wolfmammy wrote:
wulfgirl_iz_BACK wrote:
imao, gothic clothing stores are, for the most part, for POOOOzers.

So are sky blue shirts with safety pins. ;)

prove it old chick. as far as i'm concerned--and i think i can call myself a realie, those who aren't creative enough to make what those stores sell are straight-up posers. and sell-outs to boot. you're gonna pay into some "goth" store, wearing what you're expected to wear, buying what all the stereotypes buy, you are a poser and lets hope you don't run into me. Okay? Okay. :mrgreen:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 am
Cania

Oh no....this isn't going to turn out well.

:(

Actually, some of us just don't have the time. That's why I don't do anything fancy. I do have to say I stop in to see what interesting T-shirts they have (love my kitty cat dance shirt, btw). That is the easiest thing for my crazy schedule...black cargos, a t-shirt, and my boots!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:32 am
Nessus

Wow, how hypocritical of you, wulfgirl.

How do you begin to preach what is and isn't "poseur", when not only is style SECONDARY in Goth Subculture, but also, as Bfly said, not everyone has time. Or, some can't sew. Or some can sew, but can't sew together a full-out corset. There are many variations I guess you haven't wrapped your juvenile mind around.

And why are you here trying to dictate what is and isn't Goth anyways? You're a teenager who is part of an Emo Forum (as you so preach in your own "About Me" section on here " http://emowire.com/members/xxxdeadwolfxxx.html "), and you listen to Nu-Metal, and call yourself a Goth. Oh, and the only band remotely close to Goth you have on your page is in your DISLIKES!

Please, listen to some REAL Goth music, like Bauhaus, Siouxie and the Banshees, Dead Can Dance, Faith and the Muse, and many more. THEN, if you still feel Goth then, your opinion on "poseurs" may mean something.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:50 am
Stygia

wow

quite frankly I just dress black since I never could keep up with the fashions. and nowadays you are a mall goth if you do, poser if you dont

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:53 am
Profile YIM
Nessus

pyrathas wrote:
wow

quite frankly I just dress black since I never could keep up with the fashions. and nowadays you are a mall goth if you do, poser if you dont

No, because it's about the MUSIC primarily. ;) You could wear bright pink plastered with Hello Kitty while blaring the Sisters from your headphone, and be more Goth than the kid in black listening to Marilyn Manson could DREAM to be! :P

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:56 am
Nessus

wulfgirl_iz_BACK wrote:
Wolfmammy wrote:
wulfgirl_iz_BACK wrote:

prove it old chick. as far as i'm concerned--and i think i can call myself a realie, those who aren't creative enough to make what those stores sell are straight-up posers. and sell-outs to boot. you're gonna pay into some "goth" store, wearing what you're expected to wear, buying what all the stereotypes buy, you are a poser and lets hope you don't run into me. Okay? Okay. :mrgreen:

Ahem. Thou shalt keep thy threats to thyself. We're not impressed. And if you have a problem with that, there are other places on the net to hang out.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:00 pm
Cania

wulfgirl_iz_BACK wrote:
Wolfmammy wrote:
wulfgirl_iz_BACK wrote:

I think some of us need to take a lesson from The Lady of the Manners.

"The first rule of Goth Club is : You do not talk about Goth Club." - Milky

Remember, Arthur and Lancelot: bros before hoes!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:00 pm
Cania

ArcAngel wrote:
Or some can sew, but can't sew together a full-out corset.

Or, if you use corsets for large reductions for extended periods of time like "waist training," you really need one that's made correctly. There's a reason why corsetry making was a specialized field in the Victorian era, where people who were highly trained made them to order as custom pieces sometimes with multiple fittings to get them just right. People who knew how to sew well did not usually make their own corsets for really tight lacing. Improperly made corsets under that kind of use (like nearing 24/7) can create health problems like throwing your spine out of wack. I would even be tempted to advise against using off-the-rack corsets for that amount of use, and I know there are people out there who do use corsets in that way today.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Minauros

I dont make my own clothes or buy from any goth stores...
Does this make me more or less of a poser? :P

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm
Cocky Canard

Note that only elite goths are allowed to wear Hello Kitty gear (as HK is the ultimate in hell-spawned evil and is too dark and scary for most goths) or... a green skirt and tights. :wink:

I'm sticking with black. Someone pass me the lint roller?

-LS

EDIT: Viewed WGs emo forum thing (thanks AA). Its just a teenage ego thing, I wish I had her balls-out confidence at that age. Bad manners but forgivable, as long as reality eventually hits and she grows out of it though...

Jereth Magas, Gothsylvania Minister of Unnatural Resources.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
GAF

Letalis Senium wrote:
I'm sticking with black. Someone pass me the lint roller?

-LS

EDIT: Viewed WGs emo forum thing (thanks AA). Its just a teenage ego thing, I wish I had her balls-out confidence at that age. Bad manners but forgivable, as long as reality eventually hits and she grows out of it though...

Oh, I see. An emo threatening a Goth with Punk tendencies over the internet, how cute. It's been years since anyone's had the cojones to do that in any form.

:lol:

*passes LS the lint roller*

I'm on the quest for immortality here people! Down with death!! ~ Carpi

In America, law violates you! ~ Arq

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:05 pm
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next