View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:30 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Question? Check the FAQ first! - GOTH.NET FAQ 
Cania

Wow. I'm glad my links were useful to someone Afraid of the Dark. I'm glad you took the time to read those sites and be open to different ideas and beliefs. Many people wouldn't even bother clicking them and just carry on thinking we're 'weird' or 'evil' or 'fucked up' or something.

- Oscar Wilde

Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:19 am
Stygia

Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:06 pm
Nessus

hi! just saying hello

...in the FAQ thread, in the Gothic forum?

Next time try the Introduction Thread in General Discussion. Logic and reading and all that.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:41 pm
Minauros

I have a question - *raises hand* I get wicked infections in my ear piercings and I was wondering if the same would happen if I got a tattoo. I know I should probably ask a doctor this, but I'm scared to death of them. Yeah, it's a completely unreasonable fear, but they still scare the shit out of me. So yeah does anyone know from experience or whatever?

(and I apologise for the first post - even though I don't think anyone saw it... I accidentally copy/pasted a reply from something completely different over my question when I tried to post earlier.)

Edited By GirlBehindTheMask on 1105672179

Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:03 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Stygia

iv had people telling me i'm a goth for the last couple of years. not really sure how i ended up this way. but iv recently realised they might actually have a point. i wear black almost all the time, listen to what some people call goth music, self harm, i do in fact do most of the stereotypical goth things. damn. i just called myself a stereotype. :i

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:44 am
Stygia

it was the faq i found through google. it's what convinced me that maybe i'm a goth after all. thats what led me to the chat

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:05 am
Nessus

iv had people telling me i'm a goth for the last couple of years. not really sure how i ended up this way. but iv recently realised they might actually have a point. i wear black almost all the time, listen to what some people call goth music, self harm, i do in fact do most of the stereotypical goth things. damn. i just called myself a stereotype. :i

/div wrote:
it was the faq i found through google. it's what convinced me that maybe i'm a goth after all. thats what led me to the chat

While it's nice that you've decided you would like to participate in the forums here, I would advise not only reading the FAQ, but reading the "Board Rules & Etiquette" thread pinned at the top of the "General Discussion" forum as well. It also might be helpful to surf around some of the topics regarding discussion about what goth is, etc. Most of these are very easy to find.

You'll find that some of the things you mentioned are, indeed, stereotypes, and many of us don't take kindly to such stereotyping though it is a fact of life. Be wise; don't perpetuate them by going around saying things like "I'm so goth! I cut myself! Fear me!" blah blah blah. Many of us have at least one characteristic of the stereotypical goth (obsession with black, anyone?), but it's important to remember that the core of the subculture is music -- plain and simple.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:30 am
Profile YIM
Stygia

i can't actually read board rules thread. the computer blocks it for having 'words of a suspicious nature' (public computers -you hotta love them) and i can't really see myself saying the 'I'm so goth! I cut myself! Fear me!" blah blah blah' considering i hid my selfharm for so many years. i'm just getting to the stage where i can start talking about it. and apparetly talking about it to other people besides counsellors will help. sorta as a fact of my life rather than a shameful secret. anyway. i'v gota million other annoying little things that will probably drive you all complelty crazy (enjoy my spelling by the way)

Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:22 am
Minauros

i was just wondering when i can start a post or poll, instead of just replying to other peoples.
thanks
=:)

Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:27 pm
Nessus

i was just wondering when i can start a post or poll, instead of just replying to other peoples.
thanks
=:)

Two things:

1) The answer to your question is easily found in any of several pinned threads on these boards. Go and research, and you shall find the answer.

2) We do not allow sig pics here, as they cause threads to load VERY slowly. Please remove it immediately. Thanks.

~Nachtzehrer~

"You see, to them you're just a freak . . . like me!" ~The Joker

Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:35 pm
Profile ICQ
Avernus

I've got a little probleme with my family and my friends, because since they 've seen that I'm gothik, they don't speak to me anymore:!! and in my family, my mother always says she doesn't like the poeple who are goth me she loves me!!! what can I do so that she understands me??????

Sun May 15, 2005 2:05 am
Nessus

I've got a little probleme with my family and my friends, because since they 've seen that I'm gothik, they don't speak to me anymore:!! and in my family, my mother always says she doesn't like the poeple who are goth me she loves me!!! what can I do so that she understands me??????

This isn't the place for such inquiries -- especially when they're barely intelligible. The topic of being misunderstood is completely overdone around here. Read around.

Sun May 15, 2005 5:28 am
Profile YIM
Avernus

sorry I didn"t know because I'm french and I don't understand somethinks that are written on the rules...???

Wed May 18, 2005 4:49 am
Avernus

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:39 pm
Nessus

can asians be goth?... :?

You know that adage that asserts there are no stupid questions? It's wrong. Their are stupid questions. And overdone ones.

Unless there is something that prevents particular racial groups from enjoying certain types of music, there is nothing to prevent any racial group from being goth.

Read. The. Forums.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:29 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next