View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 4 posts ] 
 Hysteria 
Manisha

Post Hysteria
I learned today that there is a movie which is being released today in America called "Hysteria". Apparently it is a limited release and is not being showed where I live (such a shame!)

If you are wondering what it is about then the name might give it away. As many of you may know, Hysteria was the disorder given to women who suffered from stress et al. To help women with this disorder, a vibrator was invented. That is what this movie is about: The invention of the vibrator! It is set in the 1880s and apparent Rupert Everett is in it.

Are any of you planning on seeing this? If you have seen it (it has already been released in many countries) , what is your opinion of it?

Hysteria (Wiki)

Fri May 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Hysteria
I remember talking about this very briefly last fall. Thanks, Midi, for the news that it's finally being released over here!

I don't think I'll pay money to see it in a theater, but I'll borrow the DVD from my public library when it's available in DVD.

From what I gathered from trailers I watched last year, it looks to me as though the producers/writers did this primarily as a comedy (and rather a goofy one), so I'm going to be a bit skeptical as to how "factual" the treatment of the subject of the development of the vibrator is in this movie. But it still looks like fun. :D

-- Nephele

Fri May 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Manisha

Yes, I wish it would have been more historically based, but you never know. I'm actually a tad bit surprised that such a 'taboo' subject like vibrators has made it to the big screen. I'd go to the theater to see it if it were playing here.

Here is to hoping it will be a great movie!

(and I didn't see that comment in the Jack the Ripper thread I don't think... or I might have known about this movie so much sooner!)

Fri May 18, 2012 4:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Malbolge

It definitely sounds interesting, ha ha. :D

Papilio enim mortuum puella (butterfly for a dead girl)

Fri May 18, 2012 5:32 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]