View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:53 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Who likes the Finnish band HIM? 

Yes 64%  64%  [ 97 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 50 ]
Who? 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 152

Malbolge

I swear that HIM's name was designed so that whenever someone said, "I like HIM!" everyone thought they were talking about an actual person.

Damn tricky, if you ask me..

I got one of their CDs for free, and I went outside and burned it. The booklet smelled kinda funny as it burned (maybe because of the pink), but I'm okay, I think. It's the plastic I have to watch out for.

Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:52 pm
Stygia

I've tried watching some videos and listening to a few songs, but I just have never been able to finish it. I don't know if they're bad, or if I just don't like them, but I voted "No" on the poll, and that's where it'll stay.

I Can't Leave Home Without My Bullet-Proof Vest

Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:09 am
Profile WWW
Malbolge

I got one of their CDs for free, and I went outside and burned it. The booklet smelled kinda funny as it burned (maybe because of the pink), but I'm okay, I think. It's the plastic I have to watch out for.

I was going to scold you for burning the CD (I am a great fan), then I remembered how fun lighting things on fire is. (:

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:35 am
Stygia

*Is guilty of owning...more than one...HIM CD...*

I don't go for the looks - I go for the talent. I should not be deemed a "shallow little fangirl" because I actually enjoy their music. Differences make the world go 'round, people...

X Laura X

Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:22 pm
Malbolge

I just can't get over the fact that HIM sounds like a shittier band of other European metal bands I've heard that aren't as successful but deserve it more.

And hearing horny girls talk about the singer all day at school probably contributed to my hated of this band...

Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Minauros

Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

I think HIM is definately a good band worth checking out.

Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:17 pm
Stygia

yup yup, i like them, im going to see them this week, BIG yayness. Cant wait :D

Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:33 pm
Malbolge

yup yup, i like them, im going to see them this week, BIG yayness. Cant wait :D

I'm jealous! I hear they are really good live in concert, but they have never come to Canada, so I cannot be sure .

Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:46 pm
Stygia

It's unfortunate that I had a pre-conceived negative opinion of HIM before I even heard their music. I still haven't heard it, but I have a very difficult time mainly because of Bam. Somehow Bam and HIM have become the same "product," and that just disturbs me. Furthermore, HIM has something I kind of think of as the "pink goth", that is, I saw a commercial for Hot Topic once that said, "Pink: It's the new black" and it was one of the first reasons I decided never to buy from there ever again (the other one being that their tag-line is "All about the music" and roughly about 5% of the store has anything to do with music), but whatever... Hot Topic has probably been beaten to death, so I'll get back on track.

Another reason I have this admittedly unfair pre-bias of HIM is that this one girl I know absolutely adores them, and she is the exact type of naive pseudogoth type that I'm trying to avoid.

Finally, one day I was walking into Wendy's and there was a huge group of kids all with heartogram sweatshirts on. I didn't know what the heartogram was, so I asked them, and one of them looked at me and said, "Well, of course a poseur like you wouldn't know who HIM is!" That basically sealed the deal for my negative outlook. I don't take with that Gothier-than-thou.

I s'pose I should probably listen to the music, though, eh?

--PolarisDiB

I think too much, my friends say.

Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Malbolge

It's unfortunate that I had a pre-conceived negative opinion of HIM before I even heard their music. I still haven't heard it, but I have a very difficult time mainly because of Bam. Somehow Bam and HIM have become the same "product," and that just disturbs me.

Finally, one day I was walking into Wendy's and there was a huge group of kids all with heartogram sweatshirts on. I didn't know what the heartogram was, so I asked them, and one of them looked at me and said, "Well, of course a poseur like you wouldn't know who HIM is!" That basically sealed the deal for my negative outlook. I don't take with that Gothier-than-thou.

I s'pose I should probably listen to the music, though, eh?

--PolarisDiB

Ya, I've noticed the whole Bam = HIM thing as well. Its kind of unfortunate when people can no longer differenciate between a fan and a band. I've talked to people that actually thought Bam was the founder of HIM ( this is untrue )

The Hot Topic thing...I can't realy address considering I've never actually seen the store, and considering what people say about it on these forums, I should be grateful.

Back to the HIM, those gothier-than-thou people have no idea what they are talking about. HIM quite honestly isn't what I'd classify as goth. Just soft metal, I guess if it must be categorized. I can definately see how their response to your not knowing about them might make you somewhat adverse to ever listening to them. However, I suggest killing the little bastards, and then listening to some HIM. In all likelihood you will like what you hear.

Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:23 pm
Stygia

AAARRRRR, Bam annoys the hell out of me!!!. Dont get me started#( He gives HIM a bad name!, and im convinsed that alot of kids who like HIM only like them because Bam does!

Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:26 pm
Maladomini

I heard of talk of them. People were saying they were supposed to be death metal. I downloaded a song to see what it was like. To me it sounds like this: Oh woe is me, nobody understands me, no one loves me, I'm going to slit my wrists now.
Good Charlotte and Simple Plan also evoke such sounds.
Sounds nothing like any metal I've ever heard. Maybe melted metal. Or really really realy soft metal.

Sorry if I've offended anyone.

Me

My Band

"Mis-shapes, mistakes, misfits. Raised on a diet of broken biscuits. Oh, we don't look the same as you, we don't do the things you do. But we live 'round here too " - Jarvis Cocker

Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:47 am
Profile WWW
Malbolge

I heard of talk of them. People were saying they were supposed to be death metal. I downloaded a song to see what it was like. To me it sounds like this: Oh woe is me, nobody understands me, no one loves me, I'm going to slit my wrists now.
Good Charlotte and Simple Plan also evoke such sounds.
Sounds nothing like any metal I've ever heard. Maybe melted metal. Or really really realy soft metal.

The song titles are what really get me:

"Your Sweet 666" (or something like that....I burned the insert, so this is coming from memory)

"Razorblade Kiss"

"Join Me in Death"

That's cheesy. HIM is essentially glam metal all over again, except with all the trendiness MTV can provide...

Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:18 pm
Cania

the mountebank wrote:

The song titles are what really get me:

"Your Sweet 666" (or something like that....I burned the insert, so this is coming from memory)

"Razorblade Kiss"

"Join Me in Death"

That's cheesy. HIM is essentially glam metal all over again, except with all the trendiness MTV can provide...

Uber cheesy.

Buried Alive By Love
Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart
Death is in Love With Us X)
When Love and Death Embrace

- Oscar Wilde

Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:57 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next