View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Who likes the Finnish band HIM? 

Yes 64%  64%  [ 97 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 50 ]
Who? 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 152

Dis

YES! Oh god YES! I adore them too pieces! Loved them for aggges! I love the music, i love Ville, i love the band, i have yet to see them live (damn australia) can't wait. I am dying of happiness.

:D :) If anyone wants to chat about good old HIM, msg me! (:

Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Avernus

I myself actaully am a huge fan of HIM.....I don't own all the albums.
still like them though....

Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:54 am
Profile YIM
Malbolge

Ever since all these preps at my school have become major fans of this band I've started to hate them. It's not that I can't handle liking kinda popular stuff, but they killed it.

"HIM R SO TALNTED LOL"

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:16 pm
Malbolge

I like HIM. I would even still like HIM if Ville were not so stunningly attractive. I find that the songs are really genuine, and they can evoke emotion in me which is a rather good indication of great music in my opinion.

Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:46 pm
Stygia

Oh god no. I totally dislike the band. I'm finnish myself, HIM is advertised and played everywhere and it's loved by mindless mass teens and it's the #2 band of wannabe goths (number one is The 69 Eyes). I just don't like their style at all, and Ville's voice irritates me. Add the irony lacking lyrics that are filled with death and sorrow and bleeding angels and whatever corny. Even The 69 Eyes sounds better than HIM.

Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Maladomini

I don't like them at all! They are too mainstream "metal" and their songs are just.... gah! The singer is trying too hard, being on jackass or whatever ( i never like jackass, i think it's just a few "punks" trying to be funny while breaking every bone in their body )

Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:04 am
Maladomini

their lyrics are horrible too. I mean, they are a mainstream/over-rated version of cradle of filth ( I LOOOOOVVEEE cradle of filth!!!! )

Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:10 am
Stygia

I don't like them at all! They are too mainstream "metal" and their songs are just.... gah! The singer is trying too hard, being on jackass or whatever ( i never like jackass, i think it's just a few "punks" trying to be funny while breaking every bone in their body )

Whatever floats your boat. But can you please keep all those comments to yourself it might affend another person besides me.

I LOVE HIM!! I looove the lead singer's voice. :)

Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:54 am
Profile YIM
Maladomini

I'm sorry I offended you, I didn't mean to offened anyone, but we're talking about the band i'm just saying what i think.... sorry again

Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Nessus

/div wrote:

Whatever floats your boat. But can you please keep all those comments to yourself it might affend another person besides me.

I LOVE HIM!! I looove the lead singer's voice. :)

DrXnY: You are more than welcome to speak your honest opinion about the band. That's what discussion is about.

Aianiel: People are not only entitled to their opinions, they are most definitely entitled to actually express them when asked, as we all were in this thread. If you're offended by someone expressing an opinion that opposes yours, tough shit. Get over it.

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:32 am
Minauros

Yes I love the music. I have been a fan for ages now. It's actually a bit lighter than other stuff I listen to (metal etc.) But I still like them. And by the way Ville doesn't know that much about goths or anything and he is not trying to be one. And I have to admit I didn't like the third album.. : ( If you want to find a really really fake band then try The Rasmus... They stink in my opinion. Or I just can't stand them.. :(

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:51 am
Stygia

Aianiel: People are not only entitled to their opinions, they are most definitely entitled to actually express them when asked, as we all were in this thread. If you're offended by someone expressing an opinion that opposes yours, tough shit. Get over it.

I apologize.... :(

Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:55 am
Profile YIM
Minauros

i like him. they are nothing extraordinary or unique but i still like listening to their older albums from time to time. unfortunately the group gets more and more reduced to their singer and their music gets more and more reduced to his voice. but maybe that's the best way to sell their music to little girls who want to feel bad and eeeevil... (again it's all about the money)

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:10 am
Malbolge

I like HIM. I didn't really get into them until my brother bought me one of their albums for Christmas last year, but they've quickly become a big favourite.

Like a few others said, I prefer their older stuff. I don't think they'll ever top 'Razorblade Romance', for me.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Phlegethos

I have never seen HIM video on MTV or any other music channel, so I have yet to ever hear anything by HIM. Though there is an interveiw with Ville and Howard of Killswitch Engage in the newest issue of Revolver

Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:15 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next