View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:24 am

Search for:
 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Your First Time at A Goth Club 
Phlegethos

Post Re: Your First Time at A Goth Club
It will be a fresh start.

A Brave New World ...

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:03 pm
"O brave new world,
That has such people in it!" (Shakespeare, The Tempest, Act V, scene i)

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:38 pm
Avernus

Penance, I'm also looking for Goths or Goth Clubs here in Lancaster. Have you found any?

Sat May 07, 2011 6:52 pm
Profile YIM
Minauros

I have never been in a club but maybe I'd like to, though I don't know how one is supposed to find one here in Paris. Do you have to pay to enter a club? Or do you just pay for drinks? Is the queue long? What gets you VIP access in a club?

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:59 am
Maladomini

Usually you pay at the door to get in, I don't know how much it would be in Paris. Then you buy drinks inside as well. The queue could be long or you could get in almost right away, depending on different things.

Usually the way VIP works in the one I go to (Australia) is - once in a while the people who run the club decide to have a night to give out 'member cards', so you turn up and with luck you may get one.

Wing Commander Batty of the Gothsylvanian Air Force

I need a check up from the neck up, I'm Batty!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:14 am
Phlegethos

The first goth club I went to was Orpheus in Baltimore, Maryland, when I was 21. There was always a nice size crowd, people of all ages, and most were dressed to the nines. The music leaned heavier on the industrial end of the spectrum but some more "old school" goth stuff would get thrown in.

I really liked it and have a lot of fond memories of the place.

That club still holds a monthly goth night but I haven't gone since I moved to D.C. There are two goth club nights here, MIdnight and Spellbound, held weekly on Saturdays and located just two blocks apart (close to K Street, which I find amusing and a bit ironic). I haven't gone to either yet -- have to find someone to go with, probably one of my girl friends or my husband, none of whom are goth. Hrrmmm... :?

(Oops, I see the last activity on this thread was awhile ago. Mods, this post can be deleted if deemed necessary.)

Tumblr + Twitter + Last.fm + Etsy

Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Maladomini

Midieval Fantasy wrote:
So, what was your first goth club experience like? Where was it, What did it look like, and what did you do there?

My first time at a Goth club, I was there with fake ID cos my brother-in-law cannot be trusted behind the wheel of an automobile --I had a special conditions driver's license, but that couldn't get me into a UK nightclub at 14 (luckily, I could easily pass for "legal adult" at that age).

...unfortunately, due to sixteen years (ye gods, seventeen this July) and apparent alcohol intake that evening, I remember nothing practical, except that I failed in my mission to save my brother-in-law on cab fare, and was collected by his friend Sheila after he'd already left, and she drove me home and put me to bed.

I think it's fair to assume that I enjoyed myself and also learned not to drink that much ever again.

He and I went back the next week or so; I'm 90%+ certain it was at Gossip's. Malice Underground? That really sounds familiar.

Goth name: Calhoun Dreamyr

Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

FairyInBoots wrote:
I'm 90%+ certain it was at Gossip's. Malice Underground? That really sounds familiar.

M:Alice Underground ran from 1997-2004 (I DJed it from 2000 onwards).

The name was a twist on an earlier night at Gossips, Alice In Wonderland - that could well have been the one you went to.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:23 am
Maladomini

Dave Exile wrote:
FairyInBoots wrote:
I'm 90%+ certain it was at Gossip's. Malice Underground? That really sounds familiar.

M:Alice Underground ran from 1997-2004 (I DJed it from 2000 onwards).

The name was a twist on an earlier night at Gossips, Alice In Wonderland - that could well have been the one you went to.

I think you're right; I remember something suddenly "changed, but sort of didn't" around the time you mention, maybe '98. My adolescence was a mystic blur of travel and talking various people out of really stupid ideas.

Goth name: Calhoun Dreamyr

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Dis

Hmmm.. I'm yet to really find a proper goth club here in Scotland. The closest is the main mallgoth/emo/scene hangout in Glasgow - the Cathouse, which is actually a Rock Bar(we have one of those much nearer my house though so i go there on karaoke night), but other than that, i haven't found anything.

Does anyone know of anything in Scotland?

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:31 am
Phlegethos

Fyre wrote:
Hmmm.. I'm yet to really find a proper goth club here in Scotland. The closest is the main mallgoth/emo/scene hangout in Glasgow - the Cathouse, which is actually a Rock Bar(we have one of those much nearer my house though so i go there on karaoke night), but other than that, i haven't found anything.

Does anyone know of anything in Scotland?

The Classic Grand isn't too bad. It's kind of like the Cathouse in that there are two floors: one punk rock/general alternative music and one for metal and industrial stuff. The first time I went I saw a guy with a mohawk so high he had to stoop down as the ceiling at the bar was so low. It amused me.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Avernus

I have yet to go, but I want to! Does anyone know of any places other than Raleigh in NC? I live in High Point...

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:36 pm
Avernus

It was October 2002 at the Kramladen in Kaiserslautern Germany. It was a small dark venue with a little bar. It's tucked in a little corner of a college campus. Not very many people in it that night. That did not stop me from making friends and introducing myself to people. I was 19 at the time. I made friends with the locals and had a good time. I hadn't put much effort into dressing up that night. It was in the middle of the week.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:03 am
Stygia

Can't remember the first one but they where only one nights in regular clubs.
They called them "Alternative" nights back in the early 80's in the UK.
Did all the local ones in the North West of England, Manchester had the best ones but some of the small towns had good nights.
The best club was in Manchester, The Banhsee, now torn down along with Jilly's and Rockworld just down the street. :-(

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:07 am
Stygia

I dream of going to a goth club at least once....but as far as I can tell they are not only really hard to find but also quick to fizzle out without warning. The last time I made an attempt me and some freinds drove an hour and a half to Nashville only to find out our destination no longer existed and according to a local, had been gone for over a year and a half.

Oh well, we went during October so we still got some cool Halloween goodies from the "big city". Perhaps we'll have better luck next time.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next