View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for:
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 umm.... - I was thinking... 
Avernus

It's a shame that we still have a very retro immage in the world. Hey guys, please stop thinking of Mexico as a country with horses walking on the streets and people wearing ranchero hats!
I think the Goth Mexico is not the same way it is happenning in the USA, per example, where most of the Goth people wear all paraphernalia available in Hot Topic.
I wonder about how many goth people in the US are just "Goths of pose" ...
Anyway, I think a lot of people in Mexico live their goth life in their own personal way. It is true that you cannot tell a goth guy so easily from the rest of the guys on the street... but it is a fact that this is something that exists not only in Mexico City or Guadalajara, but in several other cities... per example,
Tijuana, Mazatlan... just take a look at the last Clan of Xymox tour dates in Mexico... to have a hint... *)

You know,Im from Guadalajara,gothic looking people on the streets or at the Cultural(our version of El Chopo) dont necessarily listen goth music,why? cause shops like Bathory,Nosferatu,Sucubo,Dedaluz,have clients who most are are metalheads.Metalheads who either like gothic metal or think they'll look "evil,spooky"(i've seen this with people who like black metal)wearing that kinda clothes. Now,im just talking about clothes cause i've noticed that a lot of goths here try put creativity into their wear to differ themselves from the others,instead of just running to the nearest Nosferatu and buy all the velvety clothes there.
Anyhow,we do have a scene,not as big as the metal scene,but sure we do!we used to have a club and all(it's dead now,rumours say it's gonna be replaced by a gay bar)anyway,that was the only one that claimed to be "gothic"but there are other places that hold interests to goths, not to mention the events that take place here all falling into the alternative kind,poetry readings,photography and paintings expositions,to name a few.
Besides,it's not as if every goth dresses the same,every goth goes to the same places or anything,really,even if there werent shops or clubs here,there would still be a scene because individuals sharings some interests in common would still exist and would probably hang out and do their thing.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:23 pm
Minauros

Good to hear that in the center of Mexico there is a gothic scene going on. Yet I have only seen a couple of people that like goth bands, yet not so sure if they are gothic. And to think that because we are so close to the US (I live in Tijuana, B.C.) I was looking foward of seeing more goths when I got into this whole gothic scene.

Maybe it's just me and there are a lot of goths out there, but they only come out in the night.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:16 pm
Minauros

o.O well, I was in the centre and I didn't find any goths. Oh well, once I was walking in the middle of the night, it was a saturday and this kid in velvet clothing went past me, and we both smiled at eachother. Well I smiled first because it was the first I actually saw in like 4 months. I am trying to to study at UDLA and I've asked around and there doesn't seem to be any at that university or any ohter respectable universities. I did run accross one forum, but there are only a handful of members. If there are any other goths please let me know because I can't seem to find them.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:22 am
Dis

Well I'm from Venezuela (ACTUALLY south america) and I know a few goths from my city. It's not like there are no goths at all...
Go to Caracas, and you'll find more. I don't think the scene is too big, but at least there is a goth scene.
What you find the most, is metal-heads and punk rockers, and I mean real ones, there's also a whole load of posers but that's another thing...
And most of the people here respect each's lifestyle... it's not like Unimportant Character says: "I mean,the culture itself is pretty strict" ... you just happen to be someone who doesn't know anything about what you're saying. First do research and then post.

Into the strange night of stone, to fade away

As the light is gently bleeding out of my soul

Penetratin' the evening as i ride on this endless road...

Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:35 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3